Chapter 25: Rice Fields for Fish Farming

A few days later, the wolfdog's condition gradually improved, which showed that it was out of danger, and Zhang Jin, who had been worrying about it, was relieved. However, the wolf dog is currently inconvenient to move, and can only temporarily stay in the nest that Yuan Hong prepared for it.

Zhang Jin would give it something to eat every day, but every time he fed it, the wolf dog would growl threateningly at him. But it couldn't move and couldn't hurt Zhang Jin. Because of this, Yuan Hong let Zhang Jin feed it with confidence.

After listening to Zhang Jin's narration that day, Yuan Hong really put it into action.

On the one hand, he trusts Zhang Jin, and at the same time, he also thinks that fish farming in rice fields does have its feasibility. On the other hand, if it succeeds, it will be of great significance... The

next day, he went to the village chief's house to buy three acres of land.

Zhang Jin said that he wanted to plant wheat, but it was spring, and they were suitable for winter wheat. So he and Zhang Jin negotiated, planting rice first, and then planting wheat when the season is right. Fortunately, the rice planting season has not yet passed.

Zhang Jin gave Yuan Hong a detailed explanation of the methods he had learned in later generations, and drew him a design drawing of a rice field.

To raise fish in rice fields, first of all, the paddy field must be selected well, and it must ensure that the water source is sufficient, the water quality is good and pollution-free, and the irrigation and drainage are convenient. The next step is to reinforce and raise the ridge, open fishing hooks and fish pits, make fish fences, disinfect with quicklime, and so on. It looks simple, but it takes a lot of work to do.

Yuan Hong deliberately went to a village specializing in fish farming to buy good fry and put them in. Two of the three acres of land were raised with grass carp and one acre of crabs.

Thinking of the plump and spicy hairy crabs, Zhang Jin was drooling, and asked Yuan Hong to set aside an acre of land to raise it.

When people in the village heard that Yuan Hong was going to raise fish and crabs in the fields, they came to visit and watch the fun. Everyone thought that he was crazy, to think of this method to ruin himself, ruin the fields, and ruin the food! Some villagers headed by the village chief persuaded Yuan Hong to let him farm the land steadily.

"Yuan Hong, I've never heard of raising fish and crabs in the fields. It's unbelievable. Stop being obsessed!" the village chief persuaded loudly.

"Yeah, Yuanhong," a respected old man in the village interjected, "The things handed down from the ancestors are right, I have never heard of raising fish in the fields, let alone raising crabs! The big claws of crabs will definitely All the seedlings were cut off! How could it be possible to put them together! You should stop!"

"It didn't happen before, it doesn't mean it can't be done, only practice will know the result." Yuan Hong insisted.

Crowd watching a person come out, with angry and said: "!! Do you know what three kung mean for ordinary people's homes, but that a full year's income ah delayed season rice, how much food was lost"

original Hong knew that they were well-meaning, but he would not give up, "What if it succeeded? In that case, I don't need to say what it will bring. Everyone knows it." Yuan Hong looked at the people around him. I am really good for him, some are watching the fun, and some are waiting for a good show. He believed in Zhang Jin, this was definitely not a casual joke. "You're right, most of the ordinary people's families are poor, especially the peasant families who rely on farming for a living. It is because of this that if raising fish and crabs can be done, it can change the lives of some people..." Yuan Hong is not that great. He experimented with rice fields to raise fish for the benefit of the common people. It's just that most people are questioning him now. If his actions cannot convince everyone, then the villagers will jointly file a letter and sue the yamen, and his family's fields may be confiscated by the government. The law of this world just happens to be like this. It probably means that if someone owns the land, but it is abandoned or wastes, the government has the right to confiscate the land. This decree was promulgated by the first emperor of the dynasty. At that time, the war had just subsided, the people were struggling, and most people could not have enough to eat. The emperor issued this decree in order to solve the empty grain depot and prevent a large number of nobles from encroaching on land. , which has been implemented for hundreds of years, although the grain depot is now full, it has not been abolished. The village chief pondered for a long time, seeing that Yuan Hong was very firm, and his mind of resistance gradually subsided. If it is as Yuan Hong said, in case it succeeds, it will be of great significance to their village and even this country!