nine

"What?" Heeseung's eyes widened in surprise. The place was deadly silent. He and Areum could even hear the sounds of their fast heartbeat.

"I think I'm falling in love with you," she said again. He took slow steps towards her until there were only 10 centimetres between them.

"Are you sure? Are you sure with your feelings?" He asked, his voice deep and serious. "Why? Am I wrong? Can't I love you? You shared an umbrella with me. You skipped Jiyeon's party just to be with me. You held my hand when I was feeling cold. How can I not be in love?"

Can I love you? Heeseung asked himself. He couldn't remember the last time they both announced that they hated each other. One second he closed his eyes and now, she confessed to him.

He was happy and excited. But he couldn't deny that some parts of him were scared. Areum was his biggest competition in school. He couldn't imagine his father's reaction after finding out his son is dating his enemy.

It's okay to rebel against him, right? He asked himself again.

"I'm not forcing you to like me back. I think you should go," Areum said before turning around to walk into her house.

He gripped her wrist before caressing it softly. She looked at him with startled eyes before being pulled into his embrace. He exhaled heavily as his breaths trembled.

He rested his chin on her shoulder and closed his eyes, "I'm scared."

She reached her hands behind his back to pat, comforting him. "Why?" She asked.

"I'm scared to love you," he said. His eyes were staring straight into hers intensely. Her stomach produced thousands of butterflies. She had never seen this side of him before.

The side where he looks at her with his loving doe eyes. There was no glint of playfulness.

He pulled away before holding both of her shoulders. He leaned closer to her face. Areum quickly closed her eyes nervously, waiting for their lips to touch.

He gave her a quick but sweet kiss on the lips before pulling away. Her cheeks started to blush. They both avoided eye contact before he spoke, "I should really go."

She nodded and watched as he walked away from her house.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

The alarm clock went off, telling Areum to get ready for school. She turned around to bury her face in her pillow, remembering her kiss with Heeseung.

It just happened so quick!

She got off the bed and immediately checked herself in the mirror.

I have to fix my hair. I should wear a little makeup.

Heeseung was still in his bed, facing the ceiling. He exhaled heavily as his cheeks started to become warmer and warmer. He smiled to himself as he remembered Areum's flustered expression when he kissed her.

"Why is she so cute!" He screamed in his pillow. The words became muffled. He jumped out of bed and immediately got into the shower.

Areum sprayed perfume continuously around her body, making sure the scent won't go away. The door opened, revealing her stepmother with a tray of her breakfast.

Mrs Jung was greeted with a spray of perfume targeted at her face. She coughed due to the smell, "Areum, what do you need it for? It's too much!"

Areum watched her stepmother silently as she put the breakfast on the desk. The usual annoying feeling she always had whenever she sees Mrs Jung was magically gone.

She cleared her throat awkwardly, "Do you think Heeseung would like it?"

Mrs Jung gasped excitedly, "Is this what all of this is about? You want to impress Heeseung! Oh my!"

"Please get out if you're not helping."

"Okay, I'll help. First, don't overdo the perfume part," Mrs Jung said before fixing her stepdaughter's ribbon around the collar area.

"Your makeup is already fine. No need to fix it again. Just be yourself, Areum. He loves you for you."

Areum nodded before shyly saying, "Thank you. We can have a girls day out if you want. Whenever you want."

Mrs Jung watched as she left the bedroom. She couldn't wait to tell her husband that her relationship with Areum was starting to be okay.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

Areum slowly closed the entrance door before putting on her backpack. She was about to walk when she saw a familiar male figure waiting for her.

Heeseung smiled at her, looking so handsome and bright in his school uniform. She smiled back before approaching him.

"Did you sleep well," he asked softly. She was about to answer but stopped when he gently took her backpack before holding it close to his chest.

She smiled to herself, "I had the best sleep last night."

When was he this romantic?

He waited for me in front of my house...