Chapter 192: Choosing Between Two Options

Jimmy thought for a while. His head still hurt a little, but when he thought of the discomfort he had felt when they were checking his stomach just now to find out why he had thrown up, he blanked out for a moment. Then, he shook his head and replied, “It doesn’t hurt anymore, Mommy.”

Jimmy’s mother heaved a sigh of relief at once.

The woman, who had been rather flustered deep down just now, finally put her heart at ease. She said, “It’s fine as long as it doesn’t hurt anymore. Your classmate’s mother doesn’t seem like a good person. I bet she doesn’t even have a doctor’s license, right? Yet she kept spouting nonsense. Serves them right that her child can’t attend classes in school anymore!”

After saying that, she bent down, picked up Jimmy, and went home.

In a gym somewhere.

Jordan found all of Cherry’s information in no time. He frowned as he stared at Nora’s name in the field listing the name of the child’s mother, and asked his subordinate, “Doesn’t she have a father? I don’t hit women.”

The man answered, “No, she doesn’t.”

Jordan fell silent for a moment. Then, he let out a ‘hmph’ and said, “People who can send their kids to that kindergarten aren’t from ordinary families, either. Find out which family they belong to. If they are just ordinary people… then inform my wife to drop it, lest they say we’re using our power to bully them!”

“Okay.”

After his subordinate left, someone walked in and said, “Mr. Hoffman, that Anderson kid is here again.”

Jordan’s expression immediately turned cold. “He actually has the guts to come again? Tsk! Let him in!”

At the door.

A limping Logan stood there with his eyes downcast. The dark basement was dim and messy. The young man with an untamed look on his countenance stuck out like a sore thumb in the noisy environment.

He waited until someone summoned him before he finally stepped forward and limped into the room.

After going in, Logan lowered his head at once and said, “Mr. Hoffman.”

Jordan let out an icy snort and said, “Our sportsbook isn’t a joke.”

Logan kept his eyes down.

Their car races weren’t actual competitions. The bets and gambling were all underground transactions. The car racing sportsbook operated solely with Jordan’s name as a guarantee.

All the money that Logan had earned over the years came from them.

He had always been the top car racer in New York.

A great number of the wealthy placed their bets there whenever they wanted to bet on car racing.

Logan, however, shifted his weak and limp foot and said, “The next race is in three days, but I’m afraid my foot won’t be recovering in time for it.”

“What does that have to do with me?” Jordan got off the gym equipment and walked over. He picked up a bottle of iced water, unscrewed the cap, and gulped it all down in one breath.

Logan shifted his foot again. He said, “I’ll definitely lose if I participate in the race. I’m sure the players would feel very strongly about this, so I’d like to ask Mr. Hoffman for help in postponing the race for a month so that I can go for an operation and recover.”

Jordan sneered. “As they say, it takes a hundred days for bone fractures and muscle tears to heal. Are you sure you’ll be fine in just a month?”