𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 7: 𝑽𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏

"Will one of you explain what is going on?" Abuela said to both Mirabel and Bruno. Of course, only one of them knew the meaning behind the vision but it appeared Casita had other plans to explain

Everyone was once again forced on their seats to watch another video explaining the vision. The Madrigals all looked at the screen again desperate for answers.

The screen showed Abuela and Bruno on the night of Mirabel's gift ceremony. They heard Bruno's voice start to speak.

She begged me to look into the future to see what it meant

and I saw the magic in danger 

A series of gasps escaped from everyone

our house breaking

'No, no Casita wouldn't break right' Mirabel tried convincing herself panicking at the sight of the cracks.

and then I saw you

Everyone stared wide-eyed at the screen before turning towards Mirabel there was a mixture of emotions on their face but the one that stood out to her the most was her Abuela. 

All she could see was a look of pure anger and disappointment directed towards her

'it's all your fault'

'the miracle will die because of you'

'You're going to hurt your family'

Mirabel could only look down at herself it was evident to those around she was on the verge of a panic attack. Her body was shaking they could see the sweat on her forehead and her breathing was going unsteady.

immediately her parents, and Bruno went up to her trying to help her get back to normal.

Bruno kneeled down in front of her trying to get her to calm her breathing

"Hey, hey it's okay breathe with me okay in, out, in, and out. That's it you can do it" 

This continued for a bit until her breathing had calmed down. Her parents and Tio engulfed her in a hug and tried their best to comfort her ensuring that whatever they were gonna see wasn't her fault.

Everyone looked back onto the screen to see the rest of the vision.

but the vision was different it would change 

and there was no one answer no clear fate 

like your future was undecided

"You saw this vision and you never thought to tell us this!" Abuela yelled furiously at Bruno "Our Encanto is in danger! Mirabel is going to hurt our family and you knew all this but didn't tell us!" 

Before she could go any further the next few things Bruno would say from the tv would hit her hard.

but I knew how it was gonna look

I knew what everyone would think

because I'm Bruno and everyone always assumes the worst

The family froze staring at Bruno now

"Is that really what you think we thought of you?" Julieta asked in disbelief 

"It's not a lie though is it?" He said in a tone that made everyone flinch. He looked towards everyone his face displayed multiple emotions. The most prominent are sadness and disgust.

He was lost in his thoughts he loved his family but did that love ever go both ways? When he left them they barely cared instead they made the 'we don't talk about Bruno' rule. He would tell himself they cared on the inside and didn't want to show it but deep down he always doubted it.

Unknown to him tears started falling off his face and then he finally spoke.

"I-I have been gone for 10 years and you never cared, you just stopped talking about me in the fact I bet you felt relief that I wouldn't get in your way. My gift wasn't good enough for you! I was just a curse right!?"

His words cut his whole family but the one person he wanted them to reach just stared in shock at him. The silence remained till the video continued.

so... so...

You left... to protect me?

Despite the outbreak earlier Julieta and Agustín looked gratefully at Bruno.

I don't know which way it'll go but

my guess the family, the Encanto, the fate of the miracle itself...

well, it's all gonna come down to you...

Silence engulfed the room again at the thought that the fate of their magic relied on Mirabel. The gravity of the situation set in

or maybe I'm wrong you know it's a mystery, it's a mystery 

that's why this vision is pfft

Look if I could help anymore I would but um

That's all I know, good luck

I wish I could have seen more

Yeah...

Yeah!

"Mirabel what are you-"

*BANG*

"AHHH!!"

You wish you could have seen more so see more

Have another vision!

oh uh no no you see I don't do visions anymore

But you could!

"Mirabel I think we can all agree that you defiantly scared Tio Bruno," Camilo said jokingly 

"Yea...I guess I did" she said a small smile appearing on her face 

The family was still in slight fear of what was displayed in the vision but what most wanted was nothing else than to protect their family and keep them happy.

Abuela got her explanation for the vision but now she only had more things she wanted answers for. Did she appear that bad that her own son thought that of her?

Her thoughts were interrupted by another video starting up.