Chapter 20: Mix Signals

Lisa's POV

"Congratulation Ms Lalisa Han for the very successful third human trial for the vaccine" a spokesperson from WHO said talking using a live video call.

"Thank you, but this wouldn't be successful without the scientist who work with me and Professor Kim, who spent their whole time researching non stop for this vaccine to develop Kogue Vaccine in a small amount of time" I answered in english.

"You're a very humble young lady indeed, just like what the rumors said" He said.

"Thank you, I'm fluttered" I bowed my head a bit out of respect.

"But I do want to ask Ms Han, can this vaccine really fully protect people from contracting the disease?" He asked.

"We're not entirely sure with this theory unless we take an immunity test for the first 50 person who voluntarily take the vaccine on the fourth human trial"

"Is it true that you also volunteer as the first person to injected with this vaccine?"

"Yes, I want it to test the vaccine myself, especially those who have comorbidity, aged, and some common allergies as well to ensure that the vaccine is for everyone,"

"Hmm" he nodded "I understand that quite well"

"But that doesn't guarantee that this vaccine can protect everyone from contracting the disease is it not?" "99.1% successful rate doesn't mean full protection according to the result of your human trial"

"Yes, bu—

I look at him straight with a blank face, I noticed the smug on his face.

"You see Ms Han, we are grateful for your work to reach at this point but WHO are not that convinced to a person who doesn't have a background on medicine and physicist" "Although you hired a researchers and scientist who work for you to do this amazing job" "I don't think people would take this vaccine seriously, because this vaccine was created too fast and too precise"

"What do you mean to say?"

"We are just concerned, don't you think this vaccine was too planned to say that you just did this in just 7 mon—"

"Are you telling me that our research and science lab did this to the world?" I cut him off.

"No, but"

"Sorry to break it up to you Mr spokesperson but I have no idea that with all this work that we do, all the money that we invested just to save people from dying with that virus that we told you that it came from an exotic animal with a solid proof that it was made out from mutation" "You still suspect that we made that virus? Didn't you supervised our process 24/7?"

"Didn't all of you watch us create this vaccine for the past 7 months?" "We—my team dedicated everything, risking their lives to find the cure and source of this virus, but all of you do is suspects us?"

"Don't you think this is unfair? We didn't sleep all night this week to ensure the high successful rate for the third human trial"

"We are doing this for everyone! And the WHO itself who should be supporting... is now suspecting us for creating this stupid virus?!" I look at him scratching his neck, speechless.

I closed my eyes and take a deep breath before standing up from my seat.

"I'm sorry for my rudeness, I just felt hurt.. after all we did," "Please forgive me," I bow my head 90 degrees knowing that our conversation is on live.

"But I would like to clarify that we are still human, we are just doing what we think is right and I think we already gave you the things that you need to know about this virus, and the best protection we can guarantee," I stood up straight.