| chapter twenty two. |

♚ CHAPTER TWENTY TWO ♚

IT ALL STARTED A MONTH after the 2010 Spring Tournament when they win their last nationals at middle school.

"Aah, this feels so strange. There's no one following us around anymore," Konoha complained, rubbing his palms together to produce warmth in this winter. "We really become an ordinary schoolboy. I'm still not used to it."

Yanagi chuckled beside him. "Hmm, you're right. Usually, we're at the gym by now."

They came to a halt in front of their school's very large and spacious gym. They could hear the familiar screams and loud bangs from outside.

"Well, we're in the third year. Already thinking about the future," Konoha said. "Oh yeah, you really are going to accept Fukurodani's recommendation, right?"

Yanagi nodded. "Yeah."

Konoha nodded happily. The two of them have decided to accept Fukurodani Academy's recommendation. "It's unfortunate that Ryugu doesn't have a high school. If there is one, I will most likely continue."

The two of them continued their way until they reached the front gate of the school. Konoha turned to Yanagi. "You coming?"

The dark gray-haired teen shook his head. "There will be a student council meeting later."

"Then I'll go first. Don't forget to rest, captain," Konoha gave him a small grin before continuing on his way home. His house is not that far from his school. Just 2 train stops.

Not nearly five minutes he walked to the station, somehow whether this was just his imagination or not, Konoha felt someone was following him. If they just have the same way, it was a reasonable possibility because there were bound to be many people who walk the same way he did. This, however, feels different.

He feels like someone watched him a lot more than usual and his skin is tingling as if to warn him.

 Konoha was able to board the train and was standing near the door. From the corner of his eye, he could see, in the reflection of the windowpane, that someone was attempting to dress in a non-suspicious manner, despite the fact that it was extremely suspicious. A dark gray bomber jacket, a black mask, and a hat. Typical.

But then again, he couldn't jump to conclusions. Maybe it was just a hallucination. Maybe it's just someone who really likes to dress like that.

The train stops at his destination station. Konoha immediately came out, wanting his mother's warm miso soup quickly. However, he could see the person following him out of the corner of his eye. Sometimes he disappears into the shadows when he looks back.