Chapter 17- Will You Marry Me?

Evie and I stood with Doug and Jay. Aziz walked over and whispered something into Jay's ear. He glanced at me and nodded to Aziz. Aziz rushed off.

"Tourney practice," Jay answered, noticing my curious look.

"There they come," Evie said, making me focus on the platform.

The band played loudly as Mal and Ben walked onto the platform. Fairy Godmother had the microphone.

"Bibbidi-bobbidi. One, two. Can everybody hear me?" Fairy Godmother asked.

We cheered in response.

"Thank you, Fairy Godmother. What's up, Auradon? Thank you! Thank you so much for coming out to welcome our new arrivals. They'll be here soon. It worked out pretty well for the first four," Ben explained.

"Yeah, especially for you," Chad remarked before Audrey snapped in his face.

Jay rubbed my shoulders as I glared at Chad. The gesture reminded me to focus on the couple, not the others.

"Mal, this is the exact spot where we first met not so long ago. I feel like I've known you my whole life. But did I mention I'm in love with you?" Doug played the guitar. "I met this girl that rocked my world like it's never been rocked. And now I'm living just for her, and I won't ever stop. I never thought that it could happen to a guy like me. But now, look at what you've done, you've got me... down on my knee."

Ben kneeled on one knee, making me grin. "Mal, it's you and me. It's you and me forever. Will you marry me? Will you be my queen?"

Mal gasped.

"No!" Audrey screamed.

"Yes," Mal breathed.

Bubble machines started as everyone cheered. Audrey almost fainted. Ben and Mal kissed, sealing the sweet victory. I laughed happily for my best friend. Jay twirled me, making me laugh even more. He faced me, smiling as our noses touched.

"I love you," Jay whispered.

"I love you too," I replied as Mal ran over to us.

"What? Did you know?" Mal questioned in disbelief.

"Everything!" Evie admitted.

"You are going to rock that crown, M," I assured her.

"Okay, so I've only done about a thousand sketches of your wedding dress, and Belle's already planned an engagement party next week," Evie explained.

"It's a really good thing I said yes," Mal said.

Jay grabbed my waist, making me face the two after a moment. "All bow to her royal majesty."

"Oh, yes. Her royal purpleness," Carlos joked.

"Silence, you annoying peasants," Mal teased.

"As you wish, my liege!" I exclaimed.

"Your crankiness," Carlos snorted.

"Okay, let's do this," Ben announced, walking over to us.

Mal's limo pulled up to the roundabout. We got into the limo swiftly. Jay wrapped his arm around me as the golden bridge appeared in sight. We made it to the Isle, making me grin. It's where I can let myself be me.

We got the kids to put their stuff in the trunk. Annie ran over to me when I got out of the limo. I took her bags, carefully tossing them into the trunk.

"I'm so excited! Thank you for choosing me!" Annie squealed.

"Of course. I would never break up a family. Especially both of you," I explained.

"I'm so happy," Annie breathed.

"I'm glad," I said as Annie was led into the limo.

I sat with the others with Annie. Celia gave Ben a tarot card reading. The barrier opened, making me anxious. Now that Uma's out, any villain or villain kid might try to find their way out, no matter what.

As the barrier closed, a blurry blue figure broke the crowd apart. He reached his hand through the barrier, stopping it from closing. I realized.

"It's Hades," I said.

The group turned around in surprise. "Stop the car! He's trying to escape!"

"I am a god!" Hades roared. "I don't belong here!"

The moment Hades hit Jay with a beam, I turned into a snake. Mal turned into a dragon, surprising the villain. Hades split the beam, so it was shooting at both of us. I hissed loudly at him.

"Come on, Mal, blast him!" Jay shouted. "(Y/n), you're stronger than him!"

Mal roared at him as whacked my tail at him, the last resort. I changed back, weakened. Mochi immediately fell, too. Jay got up, shaking my side.

"(Y/n). Come on. (Y/n). (Y/n)!" Jay said desperately.

"My head hurts. Give me a break," I groaned as Jay helped me up.

He supported me under the arm and helped me into the limo. Annie hugged me tightly, making me feel comforted. Jay looked back at me. I rested my hand in the window, which Jay took as an opportunity to kiss my hand. I smiled, already feeling my power coming back to me.