Chapter 18- Artifacts

There was a knock at the door at Evie's cottage. I was the only one at the house. I reluctantly opened the door. Two royal guards stood in the doorway.

"May I help you?" I asked, confusion clear in my voice.

"Princess (Y/n). Come with us," a guard instructed.

I was led into a limo. I didn't know where we were going. The driver wouldn't tell me. I could be kidnapped. But then again, I trusted the people who wore the royal crest, and Ben. He probably needed something from me now, or else he would be in the limo with me.

We reached King Beast's castle. My curiosity only grew when I was escorted up to the gates. I knew Ben and Mal were in a meeting with the Royal Council. The thought of Fairy Godmother lecturing me about Jafar's magic popped into my mind. I shuddered.

The doors were opened, and the five turned to me. Fairy Godmother had something hovering in the middle of the room. The magical artifact made me freeze. Mochi even tightened her grip on my arm.

"What am I doing here?" I asked.

"Swear that this does not go outside castle walls," King Adam said.

"Funny," I replied. "Of course. King Ben, is there something you need my help with?"

"The queen's crown and Maleficent's scepter were stolen," Ben admitted. "And if that's the case, then we need someone to help us fight fire with fire."

"And why is that me?" I asked.

"You have Genie's magic and Jafar's sorcery on your side, (Y/n). We know you have a staff of your own, but maybe if you controlled the original staff, it would give you a bit more... leverage."

Mom was right when the eyes could haunt your nightmares. The piercing eyes of the cobra stared into my soul. The gold was chipping on the edges of the wings, revealing the metal underneath. This was the staff that changed my family for years. This is the staff Mom and Dad warned me about. Then again, they warned me about Jafar's son, and here I was.

"FG, just like Genie's original lamp, there is no way I can control that thing." I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself. "I mean, this staff was given to one of the most evil villains in history. He must have some spells over that thing."

"The staff was checked for curses that would hurt you," Mal informed me. "And it seems like it likes you."

Mochi hissed, and I finally noticed the staff. It was slowly floating toward me, like it was drawn to me. "Take it, (Y/n). You have balance in your magic."

I gripped the stick. I gasped in fright. My eyes glowed red as the room felt farther and farther away. I couldn't see it then. Instead, I saw black. And then I saw... Agrabah?

"Good luck marrying her off!"

I turned, surprised. I definitely was not in Auradon anymore. I walked out of the wide room, recognizing the part of the palace. Grandfather walked out, waddling toward a figure.

"Jasmine! Jasmine!"

Rajah jumped in front of him, making me giggle. I sat next to my mother. "So, this is why Prince Achmed stormed out!"

Mom finally revealed her face to me. It was almost like looking in a mirror. She was gorgeous. Her pet tiger was harmless to her. And she didn't seem to notice me.

"Oh, father. Rajah was just playing with him. Weren't you, Rajah? You were just playing with that overdressed self-absorbed Prince Achmed, weren't you?"

"Dearest, you've got to stop rejecting every suitor who's come to call! The law says you must be married to a prince-"

"By my next birthday." Mom sighed in frustration. "The law is wrong."

"You've only got three more days," Grandfather reasoned.

"Father, I hate being forced into this. If I do marry, I want it to be for love," Mom argued.

"Perhaps I can divine a solution for this lonely problem."

The scene moved around me again. I was in the map room. We had a table in the room that showed a hologram of Agrabah, and it looked pretty similar to what was in front of me. I gasped in surprise when Jafar was right next to me.

"If anyone can help, it's you."

"But it would require the help of a mystic blue diamond."

"Oh, my ring? But it's been in the family for years."

"It is necessary to find the princess a suitor. Don't worry." The red eyes pierced my grandfather's soul, making me stand there, scared and could do nothing. "Everything will be fine."

"Everything will be... fine." Grandfather was entranced.

"The diamond?"

"Here, Jafar. Whatever you need will be mi-"

"You're most gracious, my liege. Now, go along and play with your little toys."