𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 (𝟐)

Feeling the anger and possessiveness running through her alien, Cass quickly cupped his cheeks, saying, "I am so sorry, I have no idea where that came from, and I certainly didn't invite it

Feeling the anger and possessiveness running through her alien, Cass quickly cupped his cheeks, saying, "I am so sorry, I have no idea where that came from, and I certainly didn't invite it. It was supposed to be you she kissed. Not me."

He slowly nodded, beginning to silently pull her back towards the fireplace. When he felt the panic wafting from her, he sighed, leaning dow to nuzzle into her cheek softly, whispering, "Told you, insane possessiveness. It's going to take the bond a minute to calm down from that."

"How can I make it better?"

Her question, asked so hesitantly, as though she was afraid he would reject her offer was what did him in.

As though he could ever deny her anything.

Slowly, he wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her into him as he leaned down, and pressed their lips together, the feeling of her kissing him going leagues and miles towards calming the angry bond.

Reassuring it that the tether hadn't been damaged, that she was still as much his as she had always been.

Unbeknownst to her, he'd managed to activate the fireplace's mechanism at the same time, so when he pulled away, they found themselves back on the ship.

Cass looked around, before chuckling in disbelief. When he looked at her confused, she elaborated, a little smugly, "I mean, I guess I can add Madame de Pompadour to the list of people I've kissed now. Not a bragging right I ever thought I'd have, but here we go."

The Doctor's eyes widened, and he gasped, "No! No way!"

"Way, way," Cass smirked, "I just had Madame de Pompadour, mistress of Louis the Fifteenth, uncrowned Queen of France, actress, artist, musician, dancer, courtesan and fantastic gardener...all over my lips."

He chuckled slightly, before looking over her shoulder and frowning at the empty room. Noticing his expression, she giggled, "Did you really think they'd listen to you and stay still? On a spaceship that is mysteriously empty, yet filled with clockwork people?"

Grabbing her hand, he pulled her behind him, grumbling as he exited the room, "Every time, every time, it's rule one, don't wander off! I tell them, I do, rule one! There could be anything on this ship!"

"Like a...horse?"

"Yes, like a horse..." his voice trailed off, as he noticed Cass gently petting a white hose on the nose, stroking its coat happily.

Snorting, he stayed where he was, shaking his head at the absurdity of the scene.

——————

Later, as they continued wandering around the halls, searching for their companions, he turned around, huffing at the horse that seemed to be glued to his tether, "Will you stop following her? She is not your mother!"