𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐥 (𝟏)

Cass huffed, hands reaching down to her pocket, grabbing ahold of the power cell her tether had placed there earlier, before raising it, aiming it defiantly at the robots

Cass huffed, hands reaching down to her pocket, grabbing ahold of the power cell her tether had placed there earlier, before raising it, aiming it defiantly at the robots. The group all watched in awe as a shot of golden light was expelled from it, bouncing off of each of the Cybers metallic shells, incapacitating them as it went.

When they'd all be deactivated, she turned to the humans and shrugged, "What? I'm all for pacifism on a good day, but honestly I've got a raging migraine, and their yelling wasn't helping the situation."

"Why the hell didn't you do that sooner?!" Rickey yelled, approaching her menacingly.

She could feel the Doctor tensing next to her, ready to defend her in the face of any danger, and she simply rolled her eyes fondly at him. As Ricky' hand shot up to grab the cell, she tugged him towards her, using his momentary surprise against him to flip him over her shoulder, smirking at the grunt he released when his back met the ground.

Looking down at him smugly, she put the cell back in her pocket before lending him a hand, and helping him up, "No need for violence. It's just a power cell. It basically scattered their signals, freezing them long enough for us to get the fuck out of dodge."

A warm hand wrapped around her own, and she grinned when she felt a shiver of arousal slither from the Doctor into her, as his casual voice said, "Exactly, so just RUN!"

They all bolted, right as Mrs. Moore pulled up in the van, opening the doors to usher them in, "Everybody in!"

Pete turned around, ready to run back into his mansion, but the Doc stopped him, grabbing onto his arm, "I've gotta go back, my wife's in there."

Cass shook her head, eyes empty as they gazed on the building behind them, "She's dead. And if she isn't already, she's as good as. I'm sorry, but Cybermen don't tend to leave living, flesh witnesses behind."

"If you wanna help, then don't let her die for nothing. You've gotta come with us right now." The Doctor finished, sighing in mild relief when the man nodded, and hurried into the van.

Behind them, they could hear Mrs. Moore yelling, "Come on, get a move on!"

"Rose," the Doc said, noticing the blonde's forlorn gaze on the mansion, "She is not your mother."

"I know," she nodded quietly, remaining in place.

Cass bit her lip, before roughly grabbing her 'little sister's hand and forcefully tugging her into the van, "Feel free to be angry at me later, at least you'll be alive enough to do so."

As she closed the door of the van, Mrs. Moore huffed in frustration, "Finished chatting? Never seen a slower getaway in my life!"

They drove, the tethered couple settling in beside one another, hands still clenched tightly.

The Doctor looked at his Cassie, eyebrows pinched in worry when he noted the slightly pained expression on her face. Cupping her cheek softly, he whispered, "what's wrong?"