3.10

[3.10]

Threat

Rae was pacing around the group as they spoke. Her worry started showing through her emotionless façade, and she couldn't stop thinking about the great danger Opal and the rest of her airbenders were in.

"Zaheer's threatening innocent lives just to get to me," exclaimed Korra.

"He could be bluffing," proposed Tonraq.

The Guardian shook her head and stepped in between him and Lin. "he killed the Earth Queen," she stated coldly, "I doubt he knows what bluffing is..."

"We need to radio Tenzin and warn him that the Red Lotus is coming!"

The youngest Beifong amongst them thought for a few seconds as the group tried to think of a solution. Suddenly, an idea popped into her mind and her eyes widened.

"Zaofu," she said, making everyone look at her, "Their signal transmitter is very strong, it should be able to make it to the northern temple."

Lin nodded and agreed with her daughter. After everyone was on the same page, they boarded the airship Mako, and Bolin came with. Soon enough, they made it to the Metal Clan, where Su was already waiting for them.

"Did you have any luck getting though with Tenzin?" asked Korra, but Su only shook her head.

"No one's answering. What if Zaheer is already up there? I should have never let Opal go."

Lin approached her sister and Rae smiled through her worry. The group apart from Lord Zuko and Iroh who decided to stay back, went to the radio room.

"We have a strong signal, but no one's answering," said the man in control of the transmitter.

Rae frowned and took a few stepped forward so she was standing next to Su.

"I'll ready my airship," said the matriarch of the Metal Clan after Korra's anger exploded, "with the full force of the Metal Clan security backing us, we can take them."

Korra nodded and Su left. With a sigh, Rae said that she would go help her aunt and, before anyone could complain, she was already gone. She followed Suyin to the landing sight and helped her with anything she could, using it as a distraction to not think about the danger the airbenders would face.

When Asami came running saying that they got through to the air temple, Rae dropped what she was holding and ran after the woman. They got to the radio before Korra, only to find Bolin unsuccessfully talking with Meelo.

Right when Korra, Lord Zuko and Iroh walked in, Rae pushed Bolin away from the transmitter.

"Meelo," she shouted, making Bolin cringe.

On the other side, Meelo straightened almost instantly and said, "Yes ma'am! At your disposition ma'am! What can I do for you ma'am?"

"Listen closely to me kid," she said, "I need you to find your father this instant or else I'll send a swarm of spirits after you!"