Chapter One

"Hey wolf girl, how'd you sleep?" Lin asked as Gwen sat down onto the couch. Gwen snorted.

"Wolf girl?" The name seemed a bit cliché, if you ask her. 

"You have an armadillo wolf," Lin said, as if it was obvious. "Also I have to go to work tomorrow so-"

"Please don't leave me!" Gwen interrupted, but realized her mistake when Lin raised an eyebrow. "Sorry," she muttered.

"Well, today I'm going to introduce you to the family that you'll be staying with when I'm away," Lin said.

"Really? Who are they? Where do they live? What are their names?" Gwen asked rapidly.

"Well, they're airbenders and they live at air temple island. As for their names...well, you should ask them that."

"When are you taking me to them?"

"We'll catch a ferry to air temple island in around an hour. They've already been informed."

"Great," Gwen smiled at Lin.

-

An hour later, Gwen was up and ready to leave.

"Ready, kiddo?" Lin asked, putting on her metal vest. She was in her full gear, and that definitely intimidated Gwen, so she took a step away from the older woman, who didn't seem to notice.

"Y-yeah. I'm good. Let's go," She said, and with that, they were off..

-

As they walked down the ramp of the ferry, Gwen spotted an adult man walking towards her and Lin. He wore a tight expression when he locked eyes with Lin, but smiled when he saw Gwen. She immediately felt on alert. Was this man just acting for her? What emotions is he feeling? What did he really think of her?

"Hello, you must be Gwen," he greeted her kindly. Her eyes narrowed, "my name is Tenzin. Myself and my family will be taking care of you for the day, until Chief Beifong comes to collect you."

Gwen didn't respond, nor react. She glanced at Lin, who's eyes were narrowed, her expression irritated. The older woman gave the smallest glance at Gwen, only to see her seeking confirmation that this man was okay to trust. Finally, she nodded at the man, and he sighed in relief. 

"Well, if you two are done exchanging pleasantries, I have to get going. The police force isn't going to run itself. Gwen, I'll see you later. The same for you, Tenzin, even if I don't like it." Lin scoffed at the last part, and swiftly turned away, marching back onto the ferry.

"Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed," Tenzin gave a small, forced chuckle, attempting to joke.

Gwen looked up at his tall figure, and silently shook her head. She gave him a deadpan look, before gesturing towards the 'temple' part of air temple island. Tenzin sighed, and turned, making a 'come on' motion to her, and walked towards the temple. She scuttled behind him, trying to keep up with his long strides. 

When they reached the door, a brunette woman opened it.

"Tenzin, you're back! Is this her?" She asked. She was holding the hand of a four year old brunette girl, while rocking a baby in her arms. "I'm Pema," she introduced herself, "this is Jinora," she pointed to the four year old, "and this is Ikki," she finished, gesturing to the baby in her arms. 

"My name is Gwen," Gwen replied shortly. The two adults frowned slightly, exchanging looks over her head, assuming she wouldn't catch them. She did. "I mean..." she trailed off, glancing between them, "my name is Gwen, and it's nice to meet the two of you. You too, Jinora and Ikki," she tried again, awkwardly fixing her mistake.

"Well," Pema exclaimed, breaking the uncomfortable atmosphere, "now then, let's get inside."

Sorry it took so long for me to update. I'm not sure when the next will be, sorry for that as well. I don't really have any motivation for this story, I'm really sorry for those who like it.