Chapter 20

Nevaeh's nervous and aflutter, Theodore had suggested that she spends the night at theirs, which she's never done before, hence the anxiousness.

She thought about rejecting his offer, but, deep inside, she didn't want to, she wanted to be with them, she felt safe with them, she felt protected, which she agreed after a lot of thinking and hesitation.

Now, they're in the car driving towards their mansion, she can barely keep her eyes open, but then she remembered something, she didn't have anything to sleep in.

She sat up straight in her seat, which caught Theodore's and Jonathan's attention, making them turn towards her with confused frowns.

"What's the matter?" Jonathan asked worriedly.

She didn't know how to answer that, what could she say? How could she say? She was silent for too long, making their worry increase by the second.

"What's the matter, darling?" Theodore asked, glancing at her for a brief second before putting his hand on her thigh and giving it a reassuring squeeze while keeping the other on the wheel.

She sighed before answering, "I don't have anything to sleep in." She muttered, keeping her eyes locked in his veiny hand that's on her thigh.

The men relived a sigh of relief, they thought that it something bigger than that, both chuckled, "I'm sure we'll figure something out." Johnathan said, giving her a smile.

She nodded, lying her head on the window as tree by tree passed by, the sky was dark, the night was calm, she just couldn't wait to sleep, it feels like she could sleep for days from how tired she's feeling.

She closed her eyes, promising herself to open them when they tell her that they've arrived. She felt the car move, but her eyes were too tired.

She must've fallen asleep, because the next thing she knows she's being lifted and carried.

Her eyes opened in alarm and fright, and her heartbeat increased. A hand cradled her head and pushed it against someone's shoulder.

"Shh it's okay, daddy's right here, sleep." Someone muttered and lied her down on a soft mattress.

Daddy? She thought for a second.

But she didn't need to be told twice to sleep because as soon as her head hit the pillow she was out like a light.

*****

Nevaeh sighed and snuggled deeper into the warm covers, she sighed once again when she felt her muscles relax more than they already are.

This bed feels heavenly!

She suddenly felt a weight on the bed and someone getting in, but she didn't have the energy to open her eyes and see. The covers were lifted of off her for a second before they were put back again.

But then a weight was put on her stomach, she tried to ignore it and push it away but it returned, she was still tired to care which is why she ignored it and drifted off once again.

Nevaeh groaned, feeling the sun hit her eyes, she pulled the covers over her head and tried sleeping again, but she couldn't.

She turned around and hugged the covers tightly, but she smelled cologne on the bed, on the covers. Her eyes slowly opened, she blinked a couple times, adjusting to the sun.