chpt.33

Jiraya

Why didn't she tell me this sooner I would've done anything. I'm in the waiting room waiting for the doctor to tell me some news, I told August to take Sanai home and I stayed up at the hospital with Aunt Vicky.

"Don't worry Jay your mother is going to be a fighter trust me I know my sister".

"I wish I wouldn't worry so much, that's my momma you know I love that lady to death. If something was to ever happen I don't know what to do but go crazy".

"Stop talking about that, she's fine. Drink this tea ease your mind, I hate that you had to cut your vacation short".

I shook my head, "No need to be sorry you did the right thing by calling me. Have you heard from my dad".

"No I call left text messages and he still hasn't return my calls".

I took a deep breath knowing my dad he's probably too busy working like always.

"Family of Jackie Smith".

"Yes that's us" I say walking up to the doctor.

"You must be her sister" he say to me.

"No that's her sister I'm her daughter, what's the problem is she okay".

"I'm afraid not, we ran some test on her and found out that she has hemoptysis. And that can be a sign of a serious medical condition such as Infections, cancer, and problems in blood vessels or in the lungs themselves can be responsible. Coughing up blood generally requires medical evaluation unless the hemoptysis is due to bronchitis".

"So you saying that my mother has cancer" I was now in tears hearing all of this.

"I'm sorry ma'am there's nothing we can do, she's in room 34 you two can go see her now" I made my way to the back to go see my mom. Hearing what the doctor was saying had my heart in pain.

I walk in the room and seen my mom hook to machine which cause me to break down, I couldn't see her like this.

Kay had text me to let me know that her and the rest of them was on their way back. I sat in a chair next to my mom holding her hand waiting for her to wake up, Aunt Vicky step out for a minute I know seeing her sister like this was an emotional for her.

"Ma I don't know if you can hear me or not, I just want to say I love you and we will get through this. I don't care what the doctor says, you can pull through this I know you can cause you a fighter" I felt tears forming in my eyes as I was talking.

"Momma don't leave me just yet, I know I have August and he'll be right by my side but you my mom you can't leave me" I put my head down and close my eyes hoping this was all just a dream.

"She's going to be okay ma, stop stressing its not good for the baby" I heard August voice. I look sat up and wipe my face, "I'm scared August I can't lose her" August pull me into him and I just broke down.

"I'm trying to be strong".

"Come on you need to get some rest we'll be back later on" August said.

"No I'm not leaving her August I can't do that".

"Your aunt is up here Jay I promise you we'll be back, I don't need you up in here cause you going crazy".

"You calling me crazy now" I pull away from him.

"No that's not what I meant just....listen Jay let's go home, Kay and them is at the house with Sanai".

I didn't say nothing else after that. I walk pass him and made my way to the elevator, during the car ride it was quiet. I didn't want to leave my mom, I'll get me a little rest then once I wake up best believe I'm going back up there.