epilouge ━━ new years eve

real life

YURI'S never really enjoyed high school parties

YURI'S never really enjoyed high school parties. They're loud and crowded, the smell of alcohol, puke, and weed mixed together wasn't the best smell and it certainy didn't make the parties any more inviting. Yuri would usually prefer to be left alone in her room at 1 AM in the morning watching Vincenzo and sending her friends, Jake and Jay, updates on how the episode is progressing since they were the ones who recommended the K-Drama.

      But, tonight was different — for various reasons. One, it was New Years Eve, it was kinda expected of Yuri to attend a party to celebrate the new year. Two, Yuri would be attending the party with her superstar boyfriend, Yang Jungwon, and three, Yuri was promised a new year's kiss. So, all in all, Yuri had some pretty solid reasons to attend the party thrown by Ha-Yoon's cousin, Yu-Jin.

       It was a cold December night, the snow that had settled on the ground was slowly melting away. The sky was clear giving Yuri the chance to see the moon clearly, along with the other twinkling stars in the sky, finding ones that shone brighter than the others — Yuri names those Jungwon 1, Jungwon 2, etc. She's been seeing Jungwon in everything she looks at, and Yuri's yet to decide if that's a good thing or not.

       The house was full of plenty teenagers from Yuri's high school, along with their plus ones and a few random yong adults Yuri's never seen before. But, Yuri socialized a bit with those she knew. The backyard was set up for the party — the first thing Yuri noticed other than how fancy the house was, but that there was a pool in the backyard and some people were swimming in the pool. Psychos. Other than that, a cup pong table was set up, along with other tables holding drinks and cups, small and containted bonfires, as well as outdoor heaters fill the backyard in strategic spots which in turn, causes the snow on the ground to melt away.

        Jungwon appeared a little later on — he had some work priorities to attend, but he assured Yuri he wasn't going to miss this party for anything else. Yuri was happy when Jungwon arrived and ever since then, she's been stuck to her side. Ji-Woo and Seo-Jun teased Yuri about it, but in turn, Yuri threatened she would post the video of them making out if they didn't leave she and Jungwon alone.

        Yuri and Jungwon were curled up on the couch that had been placed outside to create more room in the living room for the party. Yuri was curled up into a small ball, her arms wrapped around her knees as she presses them to her chest, her head resting on Jungwon's shoulder with his arm wrapped around the back of the couch. He holds a cup full of soda and grins down at Yuri who mutters insults towards Ji-Woo and Seo-Jun who are now making out again.

       "God," complains Yuri, drawing away from the warmth Jungwon provided for her, "can't they get a room?"

       Jungwon laughs, "do you want to get a room?"