Spin-off: Day 52 I

Author's Note: First off, please look at Kenly on the media. That's @mirusanchan's work ♥ She's one talented gal :)

---

Spin-off: Kise, Kenly, Kasamatsu (Part I)

The constant loud ringing of her alarm made Ken sprung up in panic, worried that maybe she overslept. Upon realizing that she still had enough time to prepare, she sighed then hurriedly crawled out of bed.

Last night, she ended up sleeping pretty late to finish the song she wrote for Kise. But she was sure it's worth it, after all, it's for the one she loves.

A little sacrifice wouldn't hurt..

Yawning, she glanced at her guitar then smiled. She couldn't wait until later.

So after taking a shower, she decided to open up her laptop and log in on facebook where she instantly saw two messages from Kise.

7:26am

Kise: Kenlycchi, you slept so late. What were you doing last night-ssu? I'm angry rn. >:(

7:35am

Kise: Actually I'm just worried, baby. Sleeping so late is bad for you and for your voice deshou? I'll give you a nice lecture later.

Ken giggled upon reading her adorable boyfriend's message. Why is he so cute? Actually, she couldn't imagine an angry Kise.

Ken: I'm sorry, Ryouta. I didn't mean to sleep so late. But I'm fine so don't worry :) And please spare me the lecture.

Seen 12:02pm

Kise: Tch. You just woke up, didn't you? What were you doing last night?

Ken: Yeah. And I can't tell, it's a secret ;)

Seen 12:07pm

Kise: So you're keeping secrets from me now?

Ken: Trust me, Ryouta.

Kise: I trust you baby :) Anyway, just get ready and I'll be there before you know it.

Ken: Okay okay. See you :)

Seen 12:12pm

Kise: Later, Sweetheart ;)

After closing her laptop, Ken proceeded on her preparations. She wanted to look pretty in front of Kise so she chose her best clothes. She was in the middle of fixing her long, curly hair when there was a knock on her door.

"Kenny?" Her mother's voice came from the other side of the door.

She quickly stood up from her seat to open the door, seeing her mother and her sister outside. "Hi, good morning."

Ken let her mother in while Karylle situated herself at the doorframe.

"Morning? It's noon, Kenny." Karylle corrected with a smirk. "I bet you didn't get enough sleep because you're so excited for your big date today with Kise Ryouta."

"Of course not," Ken firmly denied, crossing her arms on her chest. "I was writing a song that's why I slept so late last night."

"Oh, really?" Karylle continued teasing.

"You look beautiful, Kenny." Her Mom said, getting the hairbrush from her dresser. "Come here, I'll fix your hair for you."

She smiled then sat on the chair in front of her dresser as her Mom started brushing her hair gently, looking at her reflection on the mirror. "I look like Dad, aren't I?"

Shinomiya Keren only nodded her head with a smile, "I can't wait to meet this Kise Ryouta who made you happy again."

"He's excited to meet you too, Mom. You'll love him," Ken assured.

"Yes, Mom. He's kind of childish if you ask me," Karylle added with a chortle.

"But he's cute, just admit it." The ginger countered which made their mother laugh.

Karylle shrugged her shoulders, "Well, he's far more goodlooking than Yukio though."

"Karylle," Keren warned softly. "It's not good to compare. Yukio-kun loved your sister so much before and it's not nice to compare him with Kise-kun now."

Karylle sighed in surrender, "Okay. Sorry, Mom."

Ken pondered for a minute. Her Mom liked Kasamatsu, even wished for them to last if it weren't for the latter's cruel family. Her Mom found Kasamatsu a person who would truly love her and treasure her above all. Well, her Mom was right though. Only that Kasamatsu Yukio is all in her past now, the past who made her what she is today:

Strong, independent, and happy.

"Yuki is a good guy, Nee. And so is Ryouta," Ken said softly with a gentle smile. "I only wish Yuki to be happy now too."

"He will," Keren assured. "He'll find someone soon."

Kasamatsu deserves to be happy, Ken thought. And she hoped that his relationship with Kise would be back to normal.

The ringing of the doorbell snapped Ken out of her thoughts, instantly smiling upon realizing that Kise came too early.

"Is that him?" Keren asked.

Ken stood up, "I'll go open the door."

She exited her room in a dash as her family followed after her with a knowing smile. She carefully trotted down the stairs then to the front door, opening it and rushing outside to open the gate next.

"Ryouta, you're too--" She didn't get to finish because she cut herself off with a gasp upon seeing the man standing outside their gate.

What is he doing here?

He showed her a casual smile, his hands inside the pockets of his jeans. "Hi, Eah."

"Yuki.."