Spin-off: Day 52 II

Author's Note: Late update, I'm really really sorry. Here's a longer chapter as compensation :)

---

Spin-off: Kise, Kenly, Kasamatsu (Part II)

"W-What are you doing here?" Ken managed to ask hazily, trying to brush away the awkwardness in the atmosphere.

Kasamatsu Yukio reluctantly took a step inside after she opened the gate for him. "It's Sunday and I figured your Mom would be home."

She frowned, not getting what he was saying. "And? Why are you here?"

He heaved a sigh then showed her a sincere face, "I just want to personally apologize to your family, Eah. For everything that happened back then."

Ken was clearly flabbergasted, her blue eyes widening a fraction. He came all the way to her house just to apologize? And where did he get her address anyway?

Then she inwardly groaned to herself upon realizing where he might have gotten her address.

Oh, Renji..

"You didn't have to, Yuki. It's fine," she said. "It's all in the past now."

He slowly shook his head, "Now that we're okay, I want to set things straight with your family. A lot of terrible things happened and I just can't forget about them. My conscience never left me alone, even until now." He stopped for a few seconds before he added, "And I need this to move on, Eah. I have to do this."

She remained silent for a brief moment, weighing everything in mind. Maybe it was indeed for the best -- they had to settle everything for him to fully move on. Ken wanted Kasamatsu to be happy, so she would help him. And she was sure that's what Kise wanted too..

Understanding him and his feelings, she partly nodded her head and smiled. "Okay."

Kasamatsu stared at her for a second before returning her smile, "Thanks for understanding."

"Yukio-kun? Is that you?" came Shinomiya Keren's voice from the front door.

Both of them turned to look at her with Shinomiya Karylle, situated at the doorway. They looked surprised as well to see the guy there.

"Good afternoon, Shinomiya-san, Karylle-san." Kasamatsu greeted politely, slightly tensing up.

Well, for one thing, he didn't know if they hate him now because of what happened before. They had to go through a lot because of his parents and it was really terrible. Maybe they wanted to blame him for everything -- which he somehow prepared himself for. He finally mustered up the courage to face them, there's no turning back anymore.

Keren walked closer, examining the guy she hasn't seen for over two years. Then a pleased smile curved up her lips, "Look at you. You've grown into a handsome man."

Kasamatsu's eyes widened in disbelief, slightly blushing at the compliment he heard. "Y-You're not angry?"

The kind woman chuckled, "Come inside, Yukio-kun." She led him to the front door, still with a smile. "Let's have some tea."

Kasamatsu didn't know how to react at first as the woman started dragging him inside. He wasn't expecting the treatment he received, neither any of the smiles they showed him. But then thinking that they weren't at all mad at him, he managed to relax himself. Somehow.

When the two were finally inside, Karylle approached her sister with a questioning look. "What is he doing here?"

"He came to talk, Nee. To apologize," Ken replied, walking towards the entrance of the house with her sister. "Just hear him out."