{Yoohyeon} - did you mean it? - dreamcatcher eighth member

"I'm getting tired. I'm going to call it a night." Dami yawned as she got up, wishing the other members good night before she walked upstairs to her bedroom in the dorm.

The other girls agreed to do the same. Because after a long day spent at practice, you're all exhausted and ready for bed.

Well, all of you except Yoohyeon and yourself.

"Are you tired too? Should I turn it off?" She asked and you shook your head.

"I'm not tired yet."

"Me neither." She smiled and turned her focus back to the tv while you toyed with your fingers.

"Actually, there's something I've been wanting to talk with you about. Since it's just us, can we pause the movie for a few?"

Yoohyeon frowned when she heard your voice. You seemed nervous for some reason and that worried her.

"Yeah, of course, y/n. You can tell me anything." She said as she paused the movie and gave you her full attention.

She scooted closer to you and put her hand over yours in comfort.

She's known you for years.

You're close with all of the girls but you knew Yoohyeon before you even debuted.

Your bond is still so strong, even after all these years. You care for each other and love each other very much... sometimes probably more than friends should.

But since the topic of boys liking boys and girls liking girls was big here in South Korea, neither of you ever really spoke about that. You just thought you just have something special, a bond, as friends, that was unbreakable.

That is until recently, when you've learned new things about yourself.

"Y/N, what's going on?" She asked and squeezed your hand a little, hoping she could get you to talk.

"I haven't told anyone else about this... I probably wouldn't ever, I'd probably just take it to the grave with me, if it weren't for you being here for me."

She nodded for you to continue.

"Did you mean it? What you said in that one interview? When they asked you about your ideal type and you said hardworking people instead of hardworking men?"

She cracked a smile and stared down at your hands before looking back up at you.

"Honestly? Yes."

You breathed out a sigh of relief.

"I'm happy to hear that because I think I feel the same way. I don't exactly know what I feel I am but I know I'm not straight. I know I like girls, for sure."

"Me too." She chuckled and you did the same. "I have for a while now. In fact, someone special around me helped me to realize that."

"Oh..." you mumbled and forced a smile.

"Can you keep a secret?" She asked.

"Yoohyeon, look at how long I kept this to myself." You chuckled. "Yeah, of course I can."

"Good. Because that person was you." She said.

Your heart almost stopped. Her words felt so surreal, so... dreamy.

"Really?"

"Yeah, really." She smiled. "But I never imagined you'd ever feel the same. I thought it was something I'd never be able to get off of my chest. Because I never thought you'd be into me that way."

"It took a lot of self-discovery. But I know this is how I feel for sure. Because of the way I feel about you."

Her eyes lit up, starry and shiny.

"Thank you for listening to me and letting me confess this to you."

She nodded before leaning in, feeling like she needed to kiss you. She's wanted to for so long now. It just took her until now to feel as though she can act on it, knowing you feel the same.

You closed your eyes, your breath hitching in anticipation as you waited to feel her lips on yours.

But just as her lips were about to hit yours, you heard feet on the stairs, and you both quickly pulled away.

You saw that it was Gahyeon. She sent you both a smile, saying she just needed some water.

You and Yoohyeon moved back to sit against the sofa just like before, when all the girls got ready to go to bed.

But this time, instead of your hands resting on your lap, she took her left one into hers and held it tight in hers.

You shared a smile but didn't say anything to each other.

You didn't exactly know the words to say and you didn't want to try and find them just yet with Gahyeon just in the other room, knowing she'll come back through in just a minute or two.

But you could tell but by the look in her eyes as she stared at you that this conversation is far from over and you'd be talking about it more soon.