44 - Befriending The Sociopath

Elena's POV

"Oh c'mon! Don't be like that. We are going to have so much fun!" Kai grins and I deadpan at him.

"You quite literally stabbed me in the stomach after I told you I wanted to help you!" I throw my hands up in the air and get up from the ground.

"Well you did come back." Kai shrugs slightly.

I raise an eyebrow. "And what if I didn't? What if I just left you here?"

I wouldn't leave Kai in the prison world in any realities, I'm just trying to act tough so I don't fangirl.

Kai shrughs. "So many questions. So, what are we going to do?" He asks with an innocent smile.

"I am going to stand right here and wait till I get back." I cross my arms and bite my lip to stop myself from smiling.

We stay in a silence for a while.

"Want to jump off the Sears Tower?" Kai asks with a tilt of his head not really knowing what to say.

"Fuck yeah."

-

"Now that we have some bonding under our belts, can we actually try and discuss without me getting a knife to my stomach?" I ask with a small smile.

Kai pretends to think for a moment before he shrugs. "What can I get in return?" He asks with that crazy beautiful smile of his.

"You could siphon from me." I shrug slightly. His head snaps up and he looks at me.

"You are a witch?" He asks with greedy tone.

"No I'm a Fairy godmother, of coruse I'm a witch. How else I could get you out of here." I huff slightly.

Kai offers me his hand and I raise my eyebrow and grin.

He rolls his eyes. "Please?" He asks with a smile and I put my hand on his.

I feel some of my magic leave my body and travel to Kai.

"Woah." Kai whispers as he finally let's go of my hand. "So powerful." He mutters to himself.

Suddenly he looks up at me and nods like he made up world peace. "I'm keeping you."

I choke on my spit as I snort. "We'll see about that."

Kai shakes his head. "Nope. You are mine now."

"Good luck dealing with one original hybrid who is terryfying and paranoid of his own shadow but in reality just a puppy wanting cuddles and an original vampire only wearing suits and terryfying his own shadow but in reality a big softie and a little bit idiotic." I take a deep breath in.

"Do you always talk this much?" Kai asks with a tilt of his head.

"Meh, it depends really. Some days I need my moment and be quiet and stay in my own bubble, other days I'm like a hyena on crack."

Kai furrows his eyebrows. "And now you are?"

"Hungry."

"I did not mean-"

-

"You are very weird human." Kai tells me as he looks down at me from his spot leaning against the wall.

"When did I ever say I'm a human?" I grin and try to twirl the knife like he does it.

Kai catches the knife in the middle of my flip and pulls me up from the ground. He pushes me against a wall and puts the knife against my throat.