The Appearance of Who?

The rest of the week was spent playing around in the deep sea. I didn't see that spunky Theodore again, but that's fine by me. It was too weird seeing Theodore's doppelganger with my own eyes anyway.

After my little vacation, I moved back to the surface and changed forms back into the beastgirl, Koro Ozeki. Since I constantly had to spend my mana channeling air and repelling water without any rest (or occasionally having fun battling an aquatic beast), I was actually quite relieved when I could finally breathe air regularly again.

I soon left the port. I got a lot of information from my visit to the Mer Kingdom. Their customs, the sights to see, the amount of mana it takes to constantly breathe underwater in the deep sea without fail, the mer known as Spunky Theodore, and so on.

When I arrived back at the Elven Palace, I still had one more week left to kill before the second semester started and school was back in session. After I morphed back into Mixuni, I flew into the palace. Yup, flew. Because I could. Because, unlike last time, where I had to pop a barrier to enter, this one was mine. It was active because of my mana. Thus, it recognized my magic signature and let me faze through without problem.

I laughed at my neat trick. As expected of me.

After floating to my large room window pane, I noticed a presence behind it. Who...? A maid? I thought, perplexed, but I still entered nonetheless, not thinking much of it.

And after I opened that glass and landed on the thick wooden floor, I was immediately attacked and tackled by a large man. Oh, shit.

"Sisterrr~" The voice said while nuzzling my face with his fair nose. Oh, shit.

When I went abroad to another continent, I always expected this development to come someday. I knew that Mother and Father couldn't hold off their beloved son forever. That's right. Al's here.

----

After being tackled into the floor, I reluctantly hugged him back while struggling to breathe.

"Hahahaha... Al... how did you find me?"

"Sister abandoned me. But I can always find Sister, so it's fine."

...I feel like he's hinting something here... nah, I shouldn't overthink it. That'll cause Devil Al to appear. "Ah. I see. ...But I'm using magic right now. How did you know who I was?"

He finally realized that my appearance changed, and looked at me, shocked. "Oh... I just realized... I think it's because I've been apart from you for so long, so I can feel it's you somehow."

My eyes widened. Don't tell me... I thought only I could do it... this is... During the span of time where I was gone from his life, he developed the skill to read auras. Essentially, feeling the intensity and unique signature of a presence. God, Al... you really are my younger brother. I began to feel a swelling in my heart. My nose grew longer, and my lips slipped into a satisfied smirk. ...But I still need to breathe. Al was still on me, hugging me dearly like his favorite stuffed animal was finally found. I forced himself to separate from me and stood up, dusting off the non-existent dirt on my shirt.

"Sister, Sister~ Can you change back into Alice! I wanna smell your hair~"

...What? Is it just me, or is Al being a little strange today? Nevertheless, I still cooperated with his request. Anything for my beloved brother, after all. My body morphed and soon, the familiar silver hair appeared behind me. I regained my usual, easy-to-move-in body, and my view of Al became a little more level than before.

...Al?

...Earth to Al...

Ahhh! Bloody nose! Someone call a doctor! My beloved brother is sick!