Shot- 2.At the Canteen

I'm so happy with the attention this oneshot series got. I thought it would get, like 10 reads. But look at this! 42 reads and 3 votes! Thank you so much!

*****

Hilary's POV:

My most favourite part in school is canteen. Because, you know? First things first, We get food. It's not trashy or smelly. It's tasty and yummy.

And, Second things second, we get Drama. Lots of it. Canteen is the place where drama unfolds. And I love drama. Who doesn't like little bit of gossip?

'Guess who got together?'

'The 'It' couple is not a couple anymore. Sad but the truth. They say...'

'You heard that? Queen bee got a tight slap in her face.'

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Juicy stuff.

I dip the French fry in sauce and pop it in my mouth.

"Hmm.."

Yummy! Tasty for my tummy!

Just then, I hear someone clearing their throat which makes me come out of my food induced coma.

I opened my eyes to glare at the person who disturbed me. But I choked on my food when I saw Kai sitting across my seat.

Ray, ever the sensible guy, passed me the water bottle while Tyson and Max were laughing like oafs. Kai was still staring at me.

'Well, Atleast Kenny have the decency to muffle his laughter.'

I thought drily while trying to control my coughs gulping the water heartfully.

"Thanks, Ray." I told Ray gratefully and glared at evil duo who were still giggling lightly. Kenny was staring into his phone.

"What a surprise, Kai. What brings you here? Don't you generally sit with Tala and Ian?" Ray asked Kai.

"Just felt like coming here." Kai said nonchalantly and unwrapped his sandwich.

I glanced at the corner table where usually Kai and his friends sit at, only to find Tala and Ian already looking at our table. I nodded my head in greeting and got a nod from both of them.

I returned to my food and started eating. Our table was oddly quiet. Even Tyson and Max were silent.

Why am I getting this ominous feeling? Like something really bad is gonna happen here.

I quickly completed my food and got up from my place rushing to get out of the canteen.

Just as I was passing by Kai, I felt something trip my leg and lost my balance. I grabbed whatever that's available for me which happened to be my food tray.

'Uh, Talk about bad luck.' I thought getting ready to make a collision with canteen floor and become a laughing stock.

But, Nothing of that sort happened. Instead I landed on something soft and rough.

I realised three things. One, I was sitting on Kai's lap. Two, the sauce was all over my baby pink top. Three, A leg tripped me. Kai's leg.

'But why would he trip me?'

I was too stupefied to do anything.

'Omg, this is worse than falling infront of everyone.'

I can feel my cheeks burning and slight irritation on my top area and hands around my waist.

'Yeah, much much worse.' I thought.

"Are you okay?" Kai's smooth voice startled me out of my wits.

"Yeah." I squeaked and rushed out of the canteen. The people in canteen, who were quiet in shock until now, erupted into murmurs. No doubt, this news will spread faster than wildfire.

'Yeah, I love drama. But not when I'm a part of it.' I thought bitterly while trying to get the stains off the top.

'But again, why would he trip me? Was that intentional?'

I brushed off my thoughts. Besides that's a question only Kai can answer.

*****

Comments and Votes are much appreciated. Thank you.