20

I know that they don't meet Amanda till 2021, but for storyline purposes, we are going to ignore that. If that bothers you, you can always pretend it's someone else. That being said... get ready ;)

Just to keep everyone up to date, the date right now in book is May 13th /14th - the investigation goes past midnight obviously lol

*Leighton's POV*

Sitting in a car with people who were best friends felt like I walked in on a slumber party that I wasn't invited to.

The car ride to this unknown location was 3 hours long and I was dreading it. The thought of sitting on my ass for this long, hoping to God that the restless leg syndrome which was a common pregnancy symptom didn't decide to kick in at the most inconvenient time was keeping my thoughts occupied, along with hoping I didn't pee my pants before we got there.

I read it was more common to get RLS towards the end of the pregnancy, so I can't wait to look forward to that. I texted my mom about it, and she said it sucked, which only made me more excited to get closer to the third trimester.

I've kept in contact with my family back home whilst on this trip, wanting to make sure my mom's recovery was going well, feeling guilty that I wasn't there to help her.

Along with keeping up to date with Aaliyah and River and how things were going.

River was trying to get a work promotion so he and Aaliyah could move in together, and Aaliyah was trying to save up to take some sort of online college course in Photography.

I was excited for my friends and everything they were trying to accomplish. I just wish I was right by their side to help them.

Brennen and Colby were talking about something, but I couldn't focus on it since I felt my stomach turn, making me reach for the peppermint oil.

I tried the ginger recommendation, but it didn't do it the same way the oil did. I also hear the bracelets work pretty well, but it was easier to hide a little oil on the wrist, than a pregnancy bracelet.

I might as well scream COLBY I'M PREGNANT if I wore one of those.

Even if he didn't know what it was, I'm sure one of their viewers would, and we didn't need that.

"Guys! Sam and Colby kidnapped me and are taking me to a haunted place! Send help!" Brennen explained, showing Kat and I on his IG story. "They nabbed Kat and Leigh too!" 

Colby laughed as Sam piped up "You are all willing participants!" and Brennen stopped the video, tagging them and adding it to his story.

"So do all of your guys' car rides to haunted places involve just filming videos for Instagram?" I asked, noticing a pattern.

Did they ever not use social media?

"We film videos a lot in general. It's nice to have memories. Here, hand me your phone Leigh" Kat said, holding out her hand.

I handed her my phone, deciding it was better to go along with things, than to question them. Kat went to my camera, taking a couple photos of Sam and Colby in the front, Brennen and I in the back before leaning in and taking a selfie of the both of us.

"It's time we bring you to the dark side" Kat said and Brennen reopened his Instagram story.

"Kat what did you just say?" Brennen asked and Kat repeated it, and then Brennen panned the camera to me. "So Leighton doesn't have ANY social media. Never has. Vote below if we should bring Leigh to the dark side! Sam, Colby, what do you think?" Brennen asked, turning the phone around so the backside was facing us.