𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐓 𝐇 𝐑 𝐄 𝐄

I stepped off of the airplane and followed the small group of people before me to retrieve my luggage

It was way too hot for mid june. I unzipped my jacket and tied it around my waist.

"CELIA!" Before I could turn my head from the sound of my voice being called I was tackled on the ground.

"What the fuck?" I looked down at the body wrapped around me and saw the face buried in my stomach and long thick strands of blonde hair.

I pushed the person's head up and saw El. I let out a deep breath in surprise. She looked the same but there was a slight maturity that clung to her deep blue eyes.

"Why the hell are you tackling me to the ground in the middle of a bunch of people?" She pouted and tried to bury her face back into the recent spot.

"You know you could wipe that look off of your face and show a little more excitement for your best friend that you haven't seen in three years."

She stood up and brushed the dust off of her black jeans.

I stood up ignoring the hand she offered and brushed the dust off of my clothes. "You're right."

I held my arms wide open. She moved quickly and tried to jump in my grasp.

I moved quickly out of the way and watched her fall flat on the floor after she tried to launch herself in my arms.

"How's that for a little excitement?" I laughed loudly and ignored the weird stares from around us and clutched my stomach from how hard I had been laughing.

It's been a long time since I laughed genuinely. It felt weird but I liked the sound of it falling from my lips. It felt freeing in a way.

"Yeah, real funny Celia." She grumbled out and refused the hand I had offered, probably thinking
I would let go of it at the last minute.

She stood there in silence from a brief moment sizing me up and I did the exact same.

She changed a lot in the past three years and I felt myself silently grieving over the years we had missed together.

"What the hell are you looking at?"

I laughed and tears filled my eyes. Others around us began to watch us, probably thinking we were saying goodbye to each other. It was the complete opposite.

They were tears of joy and relief. Joy and relief over the fact that she had remained the same person even after three years had passed.

"Come here El." From the look on my face her eyes filled with tears and her face turned a blotchy pink.

It always turned pink when she began to cry.

She always was an ugly crier with snot running down her face and all.