|| Chapter IV ||

"A proud man is always looking down on things and people; and, of course, as long as you're looking down, you can't see the things above you." ~ C.S. Lewis

Word Count : 1335 words

________________________________________________________________________________

(Dabi POV)

"What is he doing?"

Foggy stared at the ongoing fight, and was clearly dumbfounded as to what was going on.

"He lost," I said simply

Kurogiri repeated blankly. "He..... lost? So easily? It hasn't even been 10 seconds."

I smirked.

In front of me, (F/N) (L/N) stood completely unharmed, and Shigaraki lay down on the floor, not moving a muscle. Only the husky sound of his breathing echoed throughout the Room.

"What have you done?" Kurogiri turned to look at (F/N). "You didn't look into his eyes. How did you defeat him? He's not even moving. The fight ended before it even started."

(F/N) slowly closed his eyes. There, out of the corner of his left eye, was blood. A bright, red color dripped down along the side of his cheek, staining his face.

"(F/N) (L/N)!"

Kurogiri walked towards him. "Are you alright? Did you overuse your quirk?"

"Not at all. This is a natural reaction when I use this part of my quirk," he replied. "Crusty ain't waking up for a while."

"This..... part of your quirk?" Foggy replied, unconvinced. "You've been hiding?"

"There are some parts about me that I don't share too easily."

Foggy turned to look at Handsy on the floor. "When will he wake up? Is he unconscious?"

"He'll wake up when he accepts the truth."

"Accepts..... the truth?"

"You can hear the story directly from Crusty. That's assuming he wakes up soon, though."

*****

(Tomura Shigaraki POV)

"What..... the hell....."

In front of me, the boy's face disintegrated. His eyes fell off their sockets, hanging off cleanly by the ocular nerve, and his face was charred beyond recognition.

His lifeless body crumpled down, and he lay still, motionless, and dead.

"Congratulations, Tomura," Kurogiri said. "You win."

"Oh my god..... it's the same thing....."

I struggled to keep my eyes open. I wanted to close them. I wanted to rest my already aching eyes. But I couldn't. I burned the scene in front of me clearly into my mind.