Year 7 Part 1 (chapter 35)

Author's note:
The seventh and last year has begun! I have looked in my notes, and it seems there's only 3 chapters left... Maybe 4 if we are lucky🥲 Y/N is only mentioned in this chapter. I hope you enjoy!

Also, Severus will not accidentally cut off George's ear. The man is feeling guilty enough as it is, and George deserves his ear.

PS: Sorry for the late publication, I was quite busy yesterday as I had an exam. I'm not sure when the next chapter will be, but you won't have to wait longer than Monday!
———————————————

Word count: 2k
Warning: Death and snakes

Severus is in his home in Spinner's End, sighing. He still hasn't gotten over the fact that he killed Albus. He didn't get to say goodbye as it had to be done quickly before Draco could do it.

He truly hopes he won't see anyone at Hogwarts again as he knows they will hate him...

Just then, he feels pain in his left arm. He growls at that. What now?! Hasn't he suffered enough?!

It's probably a meeting about Potter being transferred to a safe house. Maybe Severus can just stay here, ignoring the pain while the Dark Lord is summoning him...

Knowing he can't do that, he reluctantly leaves, heading towards Malfoy Manor. He decides to go there by flying, a skill only the Dark Lord and his Death Eaters possess.

As he strolls through the manor and enters the dining room, he sees that everybody is already there.

So is Lucius. The Dark Lord must have finally helped him escape.

He however stops in his tracks when he notices a fellow colleague levitated in the air - Charity Burbage.

Severus tries his best not to show any emotions. When will this end?

"Severus," the Dark Lord suddenly says, acknowledging the newcomer's presence.

"I was beginning to worry you had lost your way. Come, we have saved you a seat" he says as he gestures to an unoccupied chair.

Severus mentally rolls his eyes. How generous of him to save him a seat. He slowly walks towards the chair, sitting down.

"Do you bring news, I trust?" the Dark Lord asks, referring to the transfer of Potter.

"It will happen Saturday next, at nightfall" Severus informs. He has to give them the correct date, otherwise, they will know he has lied.

"I've heard differently, my Lord," one of the other Death Eaters says.

"Dawlish, the Auror, has let slip that the Potter boy will not be moved until the thirtieth of this month - the day before he turns seventeen" he continues.

"This is a false trail. The Auror office no longer plays any part in the protection of Harry Potter. Those closest to him believe we have infiltrated the Ministry" Severus tells them.

"Well, they got that right, haven't they?" another Death Eater says, laughing as others join him.

"What say you, Pius?" the Dark Lord asks as he looks at the man.

The man looks at the slithering snake next to him, ignoring it as he turns his gaze to You-Know-Who before speaking.

"One hears many things, my Lord. Whether the truth is among them is not clear" he tells him.

The Dark Lord laughs at that. Actually laughs.

"Spoken like a true politician. You will, I think, prove most useful, Pius" he says before looking at Severus.