Chapter 1 - YOU WHAT

Ashlynn's pov-

We were all chilling in the living room of our mansion. Ace and Felix were trying to pull some lame ass prank on me and Viola.
Keyword- trying.
I mean they were being loud and i mean loud like a freaking airhorn.

Oh well,
That's Ace and Felix for you .
Me and Viola just shared a look and sighed while shaking our heads . Honestly , we were trying not to laugh at their childish antics .
Soon enough though , my phone rang and everybody went quite in less than a second.

I checked to see who was calling . It was Mark aka My foster father ...yay...(note the sarcasam). I decided to finally pick it up at the last ring.

"Hello?" I said in my stone cold voice .

"Ashlynn? *Sniffle* I have to tell you something kid *sniffle* I'm so sorry *sniffle* *sniffle* " a voice spoke at the other end .

Ok I really haven't spent much time with Mark but i know for a fact that this isn't his voice . The hell?

"Who the hell is this?" I asked in a low and calm voice filled with authority which left absolutely no room for argument.

" This is john, Ashlynn, your father's partner. I regret to inform you that your father was put down during a mission today. He died for the well-being of our country. I'm so sorry" He said in a soft voice like I'd break down any second.

Ha. Died for the well-being of our country my ass . The asshole deserved it. You see 2 years ago, mark adopted me from an orphanage i enrolled into just to keep my cover. He worked for the FBI which automatically gave a good impression on the adoption forms . He acted all nice and sweet at first but after a few days he started coming home Drunk and high. So much for a FBI agent *Rolls eyes* . Well then he decided it'd be ok if he decided to practice his punches on me and make me his personal punching bag .

At first i just ignored him and would duck from all his hits. After a while , when it didn't stop , I did what I do best .I broke his nose and threatened him about how i would ruin his life and career bla bla bla . Well I mean abusing a child wouldn't look so good on a FBI agent's resume now would it.

So technically we came to the terms where he wouldn't bother me and i wouldn't bother him.

It was quite good really as he was never at home , job during the day and wherever he went at night. I would have the house to myself the entire day and i could do all my mafia business without someone accidentally walking in . Besides ,i was more than capable of taking care of myself. I mean I have been doing that since I was 5 years old so ..

Anyways time to act like a broken sad little girl I guess . Ugh.

"Oh my gosh please tell me that isn't true Why did that have to happen oh my god" i said in a fake depressed voice . Ace , Viola and Felix looked at me funny but i just waved them off. Even rio (the dog in case y'all forgot) had decided to listen to my conversation as he was listening intently and staring at me with his cutest little puppy eyes . My heart honestly melted at the site.

" Yeah , I'm so sorry kid. I promise your father will get the respect he deserves and have a huge memorium. For now , I called somebody and they reached out to your biological family and they have happily decided to take you in" he said in a hopeful voice .

I froze. Yeah yeah he can hava a huge ass memorium or whatever I really don't care. But the other thing .......... I was frozen in my seat. I couldn't move as the memories of that day flashed through my mind like they were yesterday's . But I kept my face stone cold and said the only thing I could muster

"YOU WHAT??" I said in a panicked voice . No no no no no this can't be happening i mean sure Felix could fight for my custody which I know he will without a second thought, but the biologicals would always get the upper hand especially because Felix is just a young adult and nobody knows that we actually own the most dangerous mafias of the world as our identities are our top secrets. In court he would just look like a Youngster looking for a job . I look behind me to see my friends getting into fighting stances as if somebody was gonna barge into our living room right the hell now. Well it's not like it hasn't happened before so you can't really blame them now can you .

"Yeah , you can have a proper family now kid and they'll pick you up tomorrow after school. You'll be flying out to new York with them . Good luck . I gotta go now . Bye Ashlynn" and with that he hung up .

Wait a minute. They have 'happily' decided to take me in? Aren't these the same people who made my childhood a living torture and sold me off to a place worse than hell for something I didn't even do? Aren't these the same people who blamed and abused me for my mother's death because she died while giving birth to me? Everybody except Alfie that is.

He was the only one who actually stood up for me and didn't blame me even when my own twin and that lame excuse of a father did.

And now they just want me back? After everything that happened? God the AUDACITY they have.

Well one thing's for sure. If I go back , bitch I'm bringing hell with me. They'll pay for what they did. They'll all pay. I'm not that naive little girl anymore. I don't need them . Never did, never will.

My train of thought is broken when ace claps his hand rather harshly in front of my eyes. Uh rude.

(A/n)
Sooooo that was the first chapter y'all.
Ok it's not that good i know but like I said this is my first book Ever sooo .. But I'll try my best to make the other chapters better and more interesting! Also like I said , if i make any mistakes , feel free to correct me but please no hate or criticism!

Alsoo please tell me how you like this chapter and don't forget to comment and vote!

Thankyou
And have a great day you
lovely people!!!

~Angel