Chapter-55

CHASE
.ɪ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴏᴋᴀʏ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴍɪʟᴇ
.

..

Who's calling me in the morning? I can't even brush my teeth in peace. Rinsing my mouth, I walked out of the bathroom.

"Chase." Alec said. Alec? What is he doing here?

"Celeste..car..phone.." He rambled, running his hand through his hair. My phone started ringing again.

"Ye-" I started but I was interrupted by the caller.

"Boss..Miss Reed was in an accident-"

"What do you mean..she's.." I trailed off, she's not downstairs? Accident. She's-

"I'll drive us to the hospital." Alec said.

"How..she's..she's okay right?"

"She's in the operation theater right now." I forgot the phone was still on. Throwing the phone aside, I picked up yesterday's clothes and put them on.

"Hospital..where is she?" I asked Alec.

"You're not driving. C'mon." Alec said, picking up a key from the table and walking out.

Please let her be alright. I sent a quick prayer. I would die if anything happened to her.

"She's going to be alright." Alec said.

"Can you drive faster?" I asked. I need to see her, she's supposed to be fine. She's okay. I'll accept nothing else.

She wasn't supposed to leave alone. I should've driven her to the office, I shouldn't have taken a leave. She would've been safe.

"Can you not drive at the pace of a turtle?" I looked at Alec.

"I am driving! Do you expect me to drive like your girlfriend?" He let out an exasperated sigh. "Sorry." He said two minutes later.

I jumped out of the car as soon as he parked outside the hospital. Heading to the reception, I saw Lucas already there. "I called you multiple times." He said, noticing my presence.

"Where's she?"

"3rd floor, room 109." He replied.

Alec was following me. "I can't walk that fast!" He complained from behind. Can he shut up?

Lucas was already there before we reached the said room number. "I used the elevator." He answered our unasked question. Alec was still frowning. He opened his mouth to say something at the same time a doctor came out of the room Celeste was supposed to be in.

"All of them are fine." He said, looking at the three of us. I need to know about Celeste..can he stick to her only?

"Can I see her?" I asked.

"You are?"

"Her husband." Luke answered for me.

"I'm Dr. Russo, Mr. Reed-"