🌊 Chapter 12 🌊

"No." "Come on Ajax, please? I'll be back before you know it!" "No." Wren pouted from the bed, even though her heart was practically pounding through her chest. She needed to get to the city of Mondstadt, to see Master Crepus before they departed. It was the only way her plan would work. "Please Ajax?" Wren put on her best puppy dog eyes. "Pleaseeeee?" Ajax sighed, pinching his nose as he glared at the floor. "...Ekaterinas gonna kill me." Wren jumped up from the bed. "Thank you stink fish~" Ajax rolled his eyes, but returned her embrace. "Don't call me that," He muttered. She giggled, pulling back to grab her coat and heading out the door. "Don't count on it!" Wren said, turning back one more time to stick her tongue out playfully. 

She walked to the edge of Cider lake, taking a deep breath before diving in, pulling the water around her to create a bubble. Glancing around, she noted the abundant amount of fish swimming about, laughing when she saw a couple crystal fish frolicking about in their shoals. After ensuring that her bubble was secure, Wren set off.

Wren reached the shoreline, and after seeing that the cost was clear, hoisted herself out of the water and cloaking herself. She had gotten much better at invisibility, ever since the last tournament, and now even the wavering outline of her form had completely faded into the air. She was now completely invisible to any prying eyes. Wren was rather proud of her achievements, actually, and she couldn't help but feel the rush of pride as she climbed the city walls and hopped down on the other side. Really, it had been way to easy to infiltrate Mondstadt. Was that the real reason why they were the city of freedom? 

She headed for angel's share. Right now, the young master must still be at training; his birthday was no exception to his work- he would show up later. The second, she knew, was just a tad bit too young to be drinking, and would only do so under the safe refuge of night. She slipped into the bar along with a few young adventurers, chatting about the famous dandelion wine. Wren headed up the stairs, pleased to see that the whole floor was vacant. Ah. So he had read to the end. She knocked several times on the back door, slowly pushing it open and closing it behind her. Wren took a deep breath, then lowered her illusion. In front of her stood a tall man with long red hair. He turned around, and she could see that he had a very kind, rugged face- the crinkles at the corners of his eyes signified that he smiled a lot. He gave off a very fatherly feel, fitting for him, she guessed. It was why the young master was so devastated to loose him. Crepus Ragnvindr smiled. "I take it its my supposed savior? Please. Take a seat."

~🌊~

Earlier that month-

Wren sat at the writing table, a blank piece of parchment and feather quill sitting on the desk in front of her. Her hands were entwined in front of her as she thought. She would have to think about this very carefully... if she worded anything wrongly, then everything would go up in flames. "Miss... Angel?" She turned around, greeting the fatui girl with a soft smile, who blushed. Flustered, she held out a small tray, which she accepted with a nod. "You're dismissed," She said quietly, and the girl stumbled out the door. Laughing to herself, Wren turned to the tray, with held a blank sealing stamp and several red wax beads, accompanied by an envelope made of creamy paper. The seal was very important. Usually it signified which clan you belonged too, or where your loyalties lie. In her case, it should be a fatui seal, but... a blank one would be much better suited. It meant that she had no alliances whatsoever, and that her intentions were pure.

She sighed. Time for the hard part. Wren reached beside her for the quill, filling it to the brim with black ink. It may have seemed old fashioned, but she liked that the quill only needed to be filed once, with an ink cartridge.

To Master Crepus of Dawn Winery,

I am writing to you as a friend, and not as a stranger. In exactly one months time, you are to die- unless you listen to what I have to say. Your choice can save your life, and your sons. So please. Do not, under any circumstances, burn this letter to ashes once you learn I am a Fatui Harbinger. This is my story, and I hope you will listen to the end...