TWENTY-TWO | year 5

SINCERELY, HARRY POTTER

The Malfoy Manor never felt the same ever since The Dark Lord was back, he would often visit to hold a meeting of some sort and Cassiopeia and her brother were instructed not to go out even if they needed to.

Even before the dark lord was there, the house always felt dark and scary, as if eyes were following you wherever you go. But, Cassiopeia did not mind that.

The only thing that annoyed her was that she isn't even free to do anything in her house, and she always felt like someone is looking at her even if she's in her room.

Her relationship with her brother became even worse, ever since he knew that Cassiopeia was given a mission to befriend Potter and his friends, he grew distant with her.

Her Summer was once again, dreadful. But the only good thing was that Harry and Hermione kept sending her letters and sometimes Fleur would too.

She now laid in bed as she stared outside her window where she can see the moon. Everything was quiet, and she could not go down or outside her room, since Death Eaters were in her dining room where they're holding a meeting with her father.

She wanted to eavesdrop, but she could not, since she knew if she was caught she would be dead.

Her home does not feel like one anymore.

As Cassiopeia read, she heard a small tap on her window. She furrowed her eyebrows and she stood up. She smiled when she saw a snowy owl tapping on her window.

Cassiopeia grabbed the letter before giving Hedwig a treat. She gave her a treat before she went out to fly.

Dear Cassiopeia,

You don't need to worry about me, I'm doing well, and I hope you are too.
I'm sorry that you felt alone there, and I am alone here too. Hey, at least we got each other right?

I'm glad you and Dobby have been hanging out during the Summer, at least you got to escape the house. How's London, by the way? I am pretty sure you feel lost if a Muggle approaches you.

Anyway, some photo was sent to me by the photographers that were at the Yule Ball last year. They sent me a photo of us, and I kept one and here's one for you to keep as well.

Sincerely,
HARRY POTTER

A picture was attached in the letter, and her cheeks heated up when she saw them both looking at each other with a smile. Her hands were on his neck and his hands were on her waist.

Cassiopeia closed the letter, taking the photo and placing it inside her drawer. She made sure that it was locked before she went back to bed to send another letter to Harry.

And she was also sure that he isn't telling her much.

°°°

Cassiopeia was glad that the summer break is finally over but something in her mind has been bugging her that this year would not be so great.

She ignored that, she was just glad that she get to finally step on the scarlet train.

Before Cassiopeia and Draco left, her mother kissed them both on the head but there father was never found. He would always be there whenever they both leave, but this time he was not.
But Cassiopeia was not surprised, she hated her father, and she did not care much about him.

Cassiopeia stepped on the train, and finally the feeling of the heavy weight that was on her shoulders was gone.

She looked around the compartments, and she reached the last one where she saw Harry sitting alone, looking outside the window. He seemed to be thinking about something.