Distraction

"Alright. Sounds like a plan." I tossed the snacks at the back seat. We came to get snacks for the road but ended up losing the person we were supposed to be helping. This left me with a question, one that I knew my brother was also thinking:

Where are you, (Y/N)?

————————————————————

-(Y/N) POV-

I walk out of the restaurant, not bothering to look back. Who the hell does he think he is, taking my picture like that? Forget any other memory I had of this guy, if this is what he's like now, then I'd rather walk out than stay and catch up. And his brother looked so meek... so apologetic... like this definitely wasn't the first time something like this happened in his presence.

I make my way back to the gas station, hoping that I didn't keep Australia and New Zealand waiting for too long... if they're still there, that is. Jeez, how long have I been gone? 20 minutes? 25? Hopefully they had the patience to stay and wait for me to come back.

I turned my head toward (L/N), who was sitting on my shoulder, and booped their head with my finger. "This is your fault, you know." (L/N) just flicked their tongue out, as if to say, "Yeah, so?"

I taught them well.

I arrive at the gas station, and scan the area in an attempt to spot the car I got here in.

No sign of the car. Or the brothers.

I peered into the convenience store window in one last desperate attempt to spot the two. They weren't in there either. Of course they weren't in there, who spends almost half an hour in a convenience store?

"Oh... shoot." begin to mutter to myself. "What the hell do I do now?"

I begin to contemplate the few options I had. Maybe I should wait here... Do I wait for them to come back? They will come back, won't they? Unless they left me behind on purpose...

Pull yourself together, (Y/N)! This isn't home! They genuinely wanted to help you, they wouldn't abandon you here! There's gotta be some other explanation.

Ok. Option number two: I go looking for them. Maybe I'll run into them somewhere else? But, on foot, I probably wouldn't get too far, and it's much better to stay put then to leave. Option two isn't looking so good.

Option 3... go back to the restaurant and ask the brothers for help. Even if it means putting up with America's shit. Oof.

As much as I don't like to admit it, the third option seems like the best one. I think my best bet is to wait here for a few minutes and go back inside the restaurant to ask them for help. After all, they are all related, right?

I lean against the wall of the convenience store and sighed. I'm so glad that this place is empty. I should probably get moving though, I don't want to stick around to find some country gawking at me and possibly turn me in or something for breaking portal hopping laws... or something.

I really can't believe I just said that in my head. What is this, some poorly written fanfic?

Just as I turn around to make my way back to the restaurant, I see two familiar figures heading in my direction.