|| Chapter VI ||

Word Count : 2072 words

(Kamino Ward)
(2 Weeks until The Entrance Exam)

________________________________________________________________________________

"Knight to g4 check," I said, as I pushed my horse in between the white pawn and bishop, forking Kurogiri's rook and king.

"I did not see that coming," Kurogiri said, and he moved his king to the left one space closer to the rook. I pushed my knight to capture the rook, and Kurogiri captured said knight.

"You're a whole 4 points up now, (F/N) (L/N)," Kurogiri said. "This game is over for me."

"Don't resign until your opponent delivers the checkmate, Kurogiri," I said. "You never know when he might blunder. You still might be able to salvage a draw in this situation."

"I see. Bishop to c3," the mist-man said, skewering through my bishop. "I understand what you meant now. This move opens up many possibilities for me."

"Unfortunately, I was expecting this," I said with a smirk. "Queen to c3."

"Why would you play that? Is this a sneaky queen sacrifice? Or am I missing som--" Kurogiri stopped in his tracks.

"I see. I see now. It's a threat. I'm in check. A discovered check from your rook."

"You've gotta move Your Highness now," I snickered. "I get a free bishop and a pawn now."

"I'm sorry, (F/N) (L/N), but I'll be forced to resign," Kurogiri said, and he took his king off the board. "Whatever you say, getting a draw now is absolutely impossible."

"I see. Good game, I guess."

"Good game, (F/N)."

"You guys done with your brain work?" Crusty arrived at the scene. "Look at this, (L/N). I got an 8-ore diamond vein. You don't find these snakes easy in the new updates."

"No kidding," I said, as I peeked into Shigaraki's monitor. "Wait, why are you on one heart in hardcore!?"

"Is that bad?" Crusty asked innocently. "I've got no food on me either."

"And you're surrounded by creepers."

"Without a shield."

"....."

"....."

"....."

"....."

"You're screwed, Handsy."

"I know."

My phone buzzed alive.

________________________________________________________________________________

(Dabi POV)

I jumped around the corner, narrowly avoiding the bludgeoning impact of Mount Lady's kick. Goddamn, she was huge.