29 | charmer

don't call it love magic, scott. it sounds creepy.

 it sounds creepy

[ 3.11 — 3.12 ]

Deucalion's first priority, despite his words, wasn't to hunt down Jennifer. First, he sought out his own emissary, determined to get rid of her on the off chance that Morrell was on the Darach's side.

Of course, he wasn't the one to do the tracking. He left that to Kali and the twins. Morrell was resourceful and knew they were coming for her, meaning it took quite some time to find her. And while they were searching, Willow had nothing to do but wait and follow Deucalion around with Scott.

The blind alpha had tucked away his white cane and requested for Willow to lead him everywhere. They were deep in the preserve, knowing that Morrell had fled into the woods to hide.

"You could've let me go to school," Willow muttered under her breath.

She wasn't pleased with missing a day of class, but Deucalion wanted to keep her and Scott separated from the others. No doubt, her phone that was tucked away in Deucalion's pocket was blowing up with messages and calls from Stiles and Derek.

She was praying that one of those messages was telling her that Cora was healing.

"Is she always like this?" Deucalion asked Scott. Willow had complained about missing class at least five times since the sun came up and Deucalion informed them they wouldn't be going to school.

"She values education more than she values all her material possessions," Scott told him, sighing. "And she certainly values it more than taking the day off to be dragged around the woods for no reason. It's not like she can help track Morrell."

"Now, now, Scott. I'm not wasting her time. While we wait for the others to find her, I fully plan to uphold my end of our deal," Deucalion said, turning toward Willow.

"You said you'd teach me to control this," Willow said, frowning. "Whatever this is — whatever I am."

"You know Latin, don't you, Willow?" Deucalion asked, earning a nod. "Give me the English translation for Incantator."

Willow tilted her head, the word coming to mind. "Charmer."

Deucalion smirked at her. "You, Miss Worthington, are quite the Charmer."

The night of Willow's birthday — the night he warned her of his plan to bite her — Deucalion had said the exact same thing to her. It was a heavily veiled hint. An idiom that Willow now understood.

"An Incantator?" Scott questioned, the new word sounding awkward as he tried to pronounce it. "Jackson was the kanima because that reflected the person he was. So what exactly makes someone an Inc — I'm just gonna say Charmer."

Willow tensed up as Deucalion trailed a finger along her cheek, feeling her features. "Innocent. Kind. Pure. Delicate. But most of all, cherished by all those that they meet, even when human."