Hotel Room

He reluctantly parted from her soft lips to let her breathe. She gulped in the air only to cough it out a moment later. The room was filling with smoke. She looked around in horror and eventually rested her gaze on Danzel who didn't seem fazed by the fire leaping towards them and his whole concentration was on her. If she could speak, she would have shouted at him. 

Is he going to leave her here to die? 

She pleaded with him through her eyes. His eyes traveled down to her lip before they backed up to her eyes and he smirked. 

"So do you apologize?" he asked her. She looked at him in disbelief. Apologize for what?

"We don't have much time to waste, Doll. Just nod and I will get you out of here," he said. She glared at him. 

"Do you apologize?" he challenged her with a quirk of his brow. She continued to stare at him with disgust. 

"So you will not," he got up and dusted his pants. 

"Too bad. I was planning on taking you to see your brother," he fished out his cigarette and let the approaching flame light it up. 

He turned to her and pulled a drag of it, content with her concerned expression. She will cave in no time.  

She shook her head at him, pleading with him to not harm his brother. He puffed out the smoke and approached her.

"Do you not want to see your brother, Inessa. He is hurt and is asking for you," he crouched to her level and looked her in her eyes. His manipulative words were working on her.

"Just apologize and I will take you to meet him, I promise," he added in a gentle tone. He knew when to be a good man. 

She looked away from him and sobbed. He had trapped her. 

Reluctantly, she nodded. 

"Are you sorry for running away?" he cupped her cheek with his blistered hand. She nodded with her eyes downcast. She didn't want to see his expression. 

He smiled smugly. 

"Good, I forgive you. But I won't be this forgiving if you pulled this again" he drew away and took another drag. She waited for him to free her but he just stepped away. She looked up at him with furrowed brows.  

He untied her knots with his own hand while smoking and once done, he put the stick between his lips and lifted her up in his arms. She didn't protest because for now, her only concern was to get out of there. She hid her face into his shoulder as he casually carried her out of the burning room. 

They were in a warehouse. He took her to his car, leaving the burning house behind, and put her inside the car. He rounded up to his side. Tossing the cigarette to the ground and smashing it with his foot, he opened the door and climbed inside the car. 

He gave her a once over before starting the engine. Inessa's gaze was stuck on the warehouse that was burning from inside. She could have died today. She had heard somewhere that death by burning is the most brutal death. She shuddered involuntarily. 

Her eyes remained on the burning house until it disappeared from her sight. She continued to look outside not really seeing.

He stopped the car in front of a house.

"Get down,' he told her as he opened his door. She followed suit and stepped out of the car. She realized they were in middle of the woods. He has kept him here? The weather was beautiful with soft breezes blowing and ruffling the leaves. She started following him into the house. The guards outside nodded at him as he walked in. Her gaze found his burnt hand. Blisters had started to form but he didn't seem to be in pain.