Family Reunion

We currently sat in Blade's office, with his father behind the desk out of respect of being the former alpha.

"What's with the cats?" Blade's dad asked, exasperated.

Blade kept a firm stare with his father while I nervously looked around, bouncing my leg.

"Well," Bumblebee started, his voice rough and deep, "this is Johnny Blaze because he's a fucking badass that burns everything he touches." The kitten sat on his lap staring at Mr. Bumblebee with the same amount of arrogance as Blade.

After a few moments, both son and father looked to me expectantly. I cleared my throat. "Um... her name's cupcake." Mr. Bumblebee's eyes urged me to continue. "Because I like cupcakes... and I like this kitten... But not in the same way! I'm not going to eat her!" I rambled nervously.

A warm hand rested on my thigh. I looked over to see Blade giving me a comforting smile. I gave him a shaky one in return.

Blade's father leaned back in the chair, sighing and rubbing his face. "And care to tell me why the hell my house is in shambles?"

Blade's eyes darkened and the mood shifted. "It's not your house anymore."

The man in front of us stood, with a figurative dark cloud surrounding him, and said, "this is my house until the day I die."

"It wasn't yours to begin with," Blade said, standing to match the fierceness of his father. He stood taller by about three inches.

His father's eyes darkened until they looked to me, curiosity overcoming them. "Who is she?"

"Her name is Annabel and she is my mate. Don't talk to me as if she isn't here. I will tolerate no disrespect for her."

I gulped at the tone of his deathly voice, and subtly scooted towards him for comfort. His hands were curled into white-knuckled fists, and I grabbed one instinctively.

His body stilled before he sighed, looking down at me with love in a soft gaze.

Our moment was cut short with a growl being emitted from Blade's father. Blade immediately stood in front of me in a protective manner, growling back.

"Son, I would like to speak to you. Alone."

I gulped, even though the cold voice wasn't directed towards me. The two men seemed to share a secret conversation between their heated glares. Suddenly, Blade's hand tightened around mine to a firm grip. His gaze was hard and fixed on his father as he spoke in a monotone voice, "babydoll, I'll meet you upstairs soon."

I glanced at him, nodded, and opened the door. The two kittens scrambled out, running to who knows where. I closed the door silently behind me before running up the stairs.

Walking down the corridor, I held all intentions to go straight to our bedroom. However, the sound of a video game being played gathered my interest. I turned around the corner here and there, following the sound, until I wandered upon the game room.

There, in the dimly lit room, was Butters playing the video game. Her back was arched over the controller and her eyebrows were knitted tightly as she frowned in concentration. Behind her, a very tense-looking Jaxon. He paced quickly, eyes darting around frantically.

I gave a small smile, clearing my throat.

Butters gave a small scream, throwing the controller in the air. Her mate immediately crouched in front of her and growled towards me.

All of our eyes widened as we realized the situation.

"L-Luna," Jaxon mumbled.

"A-Annabel?" Butters asked quietly.

I gulped nervously and nodded. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I just heard the video game, and... Uh... Yeah. I'm going to bed. Bye." I turned quickly and power walked out of there, shaking my head at myself the whole time.

I turned the corner of the hallway as a thundering growl tore through the house. My eyes widened. Bumblebee!

I began running back to the bedroom. He must think I ran away or something.

"Bumblebee!" I called out.

Footsteps, heavier than I'd ever heard, pounded on the wooded floors towards me. I screeched to a stop. Apprehension filled me, waiting to see what was coming at me.

A huge black wolf suddenly turned the corner and raced towards me. I widened my eyes, too frozen to move. The wolf leaped at me, and I closed my eyes, awaiting the attack.

I was tackled to the ground, but it was gentle and strong arms wrapped around me. I popped one eye open, looking around. A very naked Blade was snuggling into me, holding me tight.

"I'm sorry, I went to the game room. I-"

"I was so scared," he mumbled, his voice low.

"I'm sorry," my voice was wavering at the tone of his worry.

"I thought someone took you."

"You didn't think I ran away?"

He shook his head, burying his head further in my neck.

After a few moments, I cleared my throat.

"Maybe we should go in the bedroom now."

He chuckled before standing up, pulling me in his arms while doing so. He carried us to the bedroom and set me gently on the bed. He walked to the closet, getting ready for bed.

SO SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT. ALSO REALLY SORRY FOR THE FILLER CHAPTER. BUT, ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, THIS MAKES MONDAY A LITTLE BETTER:)