Chapter 43 {Mrs Alvaro}

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser...

Catalaiya's pov:

Carter stayed by my side, doing his role of my bodyguard pretty good. Aziel's office was at the back of the building, so whenever we walked by a room or an open space, we made heads turn. Some look at me curiously while some just stared blankly.

We walked up the stairs and Carter opened one of the doors on the right.

"That's Aziel's office,"

I walked inside and I let my eyes roam around. It was a medium-size office, with a desk, a leather chair, some couches, two chairs in front of the desk, a gun collection on the wall and there was another door on the right side.

"Make yourself comfortable, Aziel might take some time," Carter informed me.

I turned to him and saw him, sitting on one of the couches taking his phone out of his pocket.

"Shouldn't you be with him?" I asked curiously.

"I should be... but you see, the one he's dealing with today is quite arrogant and a pain in the ass. I've been dealing with him ever since Aziel went on vacation, now it's his turn." Carter explained with a slight smirk.

I chuckled, "That's mean,"

"Then you shouldn't be laughing," he pointed out.

"Touché,"

I sat on one of the chairs and waited for Aziel while doing nothing other than looking around.

"You seems bored," Carter commented.

"I am... I'm also a little tired from the travel and I wanna sleep." I sighed.

"There is a bed if you want to nap," he says making me raised an eyebrow.

"A bed here?" I asked and he nodded.

"Where do you think your husband rest when he works at night," he says.

Oh...

"The bed sounds tempting but if I take a nap, I'm not sure I'll wake up," I added.

"Well if your eyelids become heavy and become impossible to keep open, let me know and I'll show you the bed." He said and I nodded.

Thankfully, Aziel didn't take that long. After thirty minutes of waiting, Carter stood up and told me that Aziel was done with his meeting.

"Let's go," Carter said.

I tiredly stood up and walked with him downstairs.

"Yo, Carter."

Someone call Carter, making us stop in our track. A tall brunette guy walked to us, his eyes on me, with a mischievous smile on his pink lips. There was a group of guys by the wall, looking at us.

"What?" Carter asked dryly.

"Mind introducing the fine lady," he asked as he gave me a charming smile. By Carter's reaction, I understood that this guy wasn't as charming as he seems.

"I do mind," Carter briefly replied.

"Come on, you can't leave us in suspense. There are a lot of us here who wants to know more about her, I mean... it's not every day that you walk in with a woman by your side in this hell-like mansion." The guy stated as he gave Carter a challenging look.

"Moreover, isn't it against the rule to bring a girl or an escort here? Breaking your boss rules huh? What will he say when he'll find out that his most trusted man broke his rule?" He asked smirking.

Hold on, he thinks that I'm an escort!?

"I didn't break any rules," Carter said firmly.

"You did! She's standing right beside you." The guy pointed out.

"And you think that I'm an escort?" I couldn't help but ask.

"Then what the fuck are you?" He inquired.

"Be respectful," Carter warned him.

"I don't see why I should," The guy snapped.

"Then I'll gladly pluck out your eyeballs."

A familiar voice echoed through the room. I turned to Aziel and he was glaring at the guy. More bodyguards and guys walked in from the other rooms and they all stared at us.

Aziel shifted his gaze on me, "Come here, love."

I left Carter's side and walked to his side. He wrapped one of his arms around my waist while his other hand was in his pocket, as he stood head high in front of everyone.

"I introduce you all my wife Catalaiya." He said and I watched as the brunette guy's eye widened.

"You'll be punished for your disrespect toward her... and mind you, it'll not only be because she's my wife but you need to learn to respect women. Whether they are an escort or any other girls." Aziel stated.

Period.

"I know it's not your first time disrespecting a woman, I've got a lot of complaints about you and today I saw it," Aziel added.

The guy silently listened.

"Carter, take care of him," Aziel told Carter and he nodded.

"Also, I hope that everyone here knows what to do." Aziel said and there was a choral of 'yes sir'.

I felt him squeeze the side of my waist making me look up at him, "Let's go home."

I nodded.

We walked to the car.

"That was quite the show," I commented.

"Don't mind him, he has always been a jerk." He told me.

"Why do you tolerate him?" I asked curiously.

"Because he's a good fighter and he loves to take risks that others hesitate to take."

Oh...

We sat down and he drove us home. Once we reached home, I was happy and excited to finally jump on the bed to sleep... however my joy was cut short. When we walked inside the house, our eyes landed on a blonde lady talking with Thalia. Actually, she was giving Thalia orders.

I did recognise her from the pictures that Thalia showed me when she told me about Aziel's family and the lady standing in front of us was Aziel's mother.

She wore a slim calf-level nude dress, her blonde hair was straight shoulder length and she wore a high heel.

She stopped talking and turned toward us. She openly looked up and down at me before shaking her head disapprovingly.

Looks like there won't be any mother in law and daughter in law bond...

Note the sarcasm.

"Will I have to tell you your job?" She asked looking at Thalia.

"Ask him if he wants anything to drink." She ordered.

But before Thalia could say anything, Aziel did.

"What are you doing here?" Aziel demanded.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah