16. Ranjha

Shehnaaz! Shehnaaz! She could hear her name being called time and again and she groaned before finally opening her eyes and looking around the surroundings, this wasn't her home, this place lacked her husbands warmth, not even Maa is there to hold her when she breaks and this is what she chose for herself at least for the next three days.

" Shehnaaz are you up" She could hear the voice again, someone was probably knocking the door but she was feeling so weak all of a sudden, her head was throbbing and she felt lethargic because of how she slept while crying her eyes out last night she knew. Still she dragged herself out of the bed and that small distance between the bed and the door felt as if she has to travel about 2km to finally open the door.

She unbolted the door and found Shalini with a glass of juice for her. She forced a smile on her face and got aside so that she could come inside

" Morning Shehnaaz"
" Morning Di"

"Shehnaaz kya hua hai bacha, you alright" Shalini asked looking at how disheveled she looked at present.

" Yaa I'm fine, I will just come" She spoke and disappeared in the washroom as she really don't want to breakdown in front of her, no matter how close she gets to her but still can't change the fact of her being her husband's best friend and she definitely don't want her husband to keep, worrying about her for the whole day, probably for the first time in these years he is on a day off and she wants him to rest without a worry about her, the doting wife she has been in these four years only if she knew her husband won't be staying in the home and is probably sitting in his cabin in the hospital checking the patients or who knows maybe in an OT without even an ounce of sleep and rest.

Once done with her morning routine She washed her face with water, wiped it with a face towel, brushed her teeths and came out to find Shalini probably talking on a call.

" Haan Aunty Main mast hoon ek dum, are ek dum Jhakas"

She could guess it was Maa and her eyes filled up again, she was missing her.

" Arey Shehnaaz aa gayi, aaja idhar aa bacha" Shalini spoke patting the space on the bed and she nodded wipping her eyes with the back of her hands before she could see them.

" Haan Aunty uth gayi, nhi thak gayi thi na isliye pehle uthaya nahi, Haan Sidharth bol kar gaya tha shoot hain na iska 10 baje isliye abhi dekhne aai thi"

" Haan Lo kar lo main deti hoon"

"Shehnaaz Aunty wants to talk to you, she is calling you from so long, lo baat kar lo" She said handing her phone to her and Shehnaaz took the phone.

" Maa" She spoke and Shalini understood she needed privacy so she went outside giving them the space she needed indicating her to finish the glass of juice as well.

" Shehnaaz bacha kaisi hai"
" Theek hoon, Aap kaise ho"

" Main toh mast ekdum, Tu aayi kyun nhi iske saath, Maa ki yaad nhi aa rahi thi"

"Maa bahut aa rahi hai na, but.... par kaam bhi toh zaroori hai na, Adi kaisi hai, theek hai na abhi"

" Adi is fine usko kya hua tha, abhi Raju ko ched kar gayi hai, Aur haan Kaam bhi zaroori hai"

" Aap kya kar rahe ho" She asked picking up her phone to see the time, 9:15 it read. She might have finished with the breakfast after coming back from the mandir, down in their society she guessed.