xvii. Anything

무엇이든

무엇이든

"GET OUT OF here, all of you!" Raven yelled before she felt someone kick at her side, making her drop the table and fly across the room, where she collided with some chairs. She was quick to stand up, her eyes glowing along with her hands, quickly scanning the room for the invisible villain. The others began to run out, Jimin holding Jungkook as they escaped.

"Come out, wherever you are," Mina mumbled. She slowly walked through the restaurant, passing some dining tables as the chandelier continued to swing above. She was on high alert, ready in case the villain was to suddenly appear out of nowhere in the darkness.

"Somebody call the fire department?" Mina heard a familiar voice and she looked to the door, where Firedrake stood, leaning against the frame of the open entrance with his eyebrow cocked.

"Stay alert, Firedrake. He can turn invisible," Mina told him, unaware of the fact that Jungkook already knew this.

"Gotcha, sweetheart," he smirked and nodded. He was about to walk over to her before he saw Hanseong appear behind Mina, wrapping his arm around her neck in a chokehold.

Mina strained for a second, feeling the pressure on the sides of her neck before she quickly rose her right knuckle to his nose behind her, hearing him grunt from the impact. When she felt the grip around her neck loosen, she turned hastily to the side and pushed him onto the ground, his back hitting the wooden floor and creating an echo. When she reached for his shadow, he suddenly disappeared, and a sticky situation arose.

As long as Hanseong was invisible, his shadow was gone too.

Jungkook ran to her, worriedly placing a hand on her back as she took a deep breath, scanning her surroundings. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," she only nodded, her eyes sharp. "We have to somehow keep him from turning invisible, or take his shadow off as soon as he reappears."

"We'd have to know where he would reappear," Jungkook mumbled to her.

"Right here," Hanseong's voice echoed before he appeared in front of the two of them, shoving them back, his brute strength sending them across the restaurant. Jungkook fell onto a table, rolling off of it and landing on his stomach. He groaned, about to get up until he felt a figure land on top of him.

"Sorry," Mina strained, rolling off of Jungkook. She quickly stood up, using her telekinetic powers to throw a chair toward Hanseong, not quick enough to hit him before he disappeared again.

Jungkook stumbled onto his feet, patting his chest as he tried to catch his breath. "Damn, Raven, what are you eating? It felt like a whale-"

"Finish that sentence, I dare you," she interrupted him, shooting him a glare before Jungkook rose his hands in defeat. "Focus."

"I'm going to go out there, and he's going to try to put me in a chokehold like he did to you, but when he appears, pull his shadow off, okay?" Jungkook said under his breath as they stood behind the dining table they previously toppled over. Mina slowly nodded, watching Jungkook hop over the table and toward the middle of the room.