68

DIANE'S POV:

"You're basically distracting yourself and your girlfriend with sex, so you don't have to say a word about what's really going on in your life." Sarah scoffed, as if it was obvious.

Sarah and I had scheduled a manicure and pedicure afternoon for today, which was amazing because I really needed a moment away from my life, a moment to feel like a superficial asshole that worried about the color of her nails.

I shook my head, "I wanted to let her know, I want to. Really." I said, sighing. We were both surrounded by asian women that kept quiet and kept working on our fingers and toes.

"What did your mom say anyway?" Sarah asked.

I cracked my neck to both sides and watched Sarah cringe from the sound.

I sighed, "Andy contacted her, asked about me, asked if she knew why I wasn't replying their calls and all of that... which is funny because Andy hasn't called or texted since I told them to back off." I shrugged my shoulders and heard one of the petite women around me curse, as if I moved when I shouldn't have.

Sarah laughed out loud.

I rolled my eyes dramatically.

"Andy wins asshole of the century."

"I really don't wanna talk about anything regarding them." I said, closing my eyes, "I want to forget Andy exists and I want to forget how bad of a girlfriend I am."

I took a deep breath, thinking that would help me relax, that it would be the start of a silent break of my life, but no. Because my phone started ringing.

And I wanted nothing more but to commit suicide.

"It's mine," Sarah said.

What a relief.

Sarah turned off her phone. "Who was it?" I asked.

"Nicole." She sighed, as if she was annoyed.

I smiled, "What's up with Nicole?"

"I told her I might be in love with her." Sarah said. Her voice was numb.

My eyes opened wide, "What?!"

"It was a stupid mistake. I should have kept silent, I should have waited until I was sure she might feel the same way."

"What did she say?"

"She kept her mouth shut and then got out of our room. She basically ran down the corridor."

I couldn't help but laugh, "Sorry."

"This is a disaster, Diane." Sarah frowned, as if she was about to tear up in the middle of a nail salon.

I wanted to hug her, but if I moved just a fraction of my body I would probably get slapped by one of the many women surrounding me. And some looked very tough.

I looked at her, "Sarah, it'll be fine." I said, "Maybe tell her just that? That you're afraid of messing things up, or whatever it is that is haunting you right now. You know... maybe sit her down, take her somewhere special for you both and tell her what you feel."

Sarah nodded her head, "What if she gets upset or tells me she doesn't love me back?"

"God, S... Don't be so negative. Try to think positive, try to project the better outcome."

She scoffed, "We keep doing this thing, Dee. Advising each other but having horrible relationship problems."

"It's not like Nicole's your girlfriend yet, right?" I raised an eyebrow at her.