Chapter 29: Stargazing and a girl named Cindy

Cover by: Riya

Zoe's POV

"It's not what it looks like," He said

He quickly grabbed the book from my hands as I glared at him.

"Enlighten me," I said folding my arms.

He sighed taking a look at the book in his hand.

"It was really something stupid," He began. "I figured if we were going to live together I might as well get to know you."

I stared him trying to understand his logic. How do you get to know someone by keeping a journal of something that is most likely to offend them? This sounded like the beginning of one of his lies, like he was trying to sugar-coat the truth.

"Get to know me?" I snapped. Keeping a secret journal writing whatever it is about me in it, is not how you get to know someone.

"A write every little thing about you." He answered calmly.

I was shocked by his response. Why would he even be writing about me, I sort of figured he had a lot of work to do. Much-less that he'd bother knowing anything about me.
I somehow softened towards him. He had the power to make me angry and then happy all in less than a minute.

"I call it a Rule book because it sort of has the does and don't." "I figured some other unlucky guy could use a hand, or our baby," He joked.

I glared at him and stuck my tongue out at him.

He started paging through the journal . "Zoe rule number three, she acts like a complete child," He read out.

"No I don't," I said defensive.

"Yet she gets completely defensive about it when someone calls her out on it." He continued.

He held the book open, showing me the page he had just read.
I thought he was being sarcastic, but he wasn't.
It was written Zoe rule #3 in bold at the top of the page and at the bottom, the words he had just said.

"Give me that," I demanded holding my hand out.

He happily obliged and handed the book over to me.

I paged it over to the second page.

I continued paging through the rest of the journal, which had similar things. While I read through the journal, he just stared at me with a satisfied smirk.
And where I was thinking he wasn't paying attention.

I shock my head at him in disbelief as I continued paging through.

"You just mad that I know a lot more about you than you have ever bothered to know about me." He retorted.

"Of cause I do know a lot about you," I said unsure. I'm sure that even he didn't believe that.

"I bet you don't even know my full name." He challenged.

'Why would I need to?' I wanted to say.

"As if you know mine," I retorted.