Chapter 6

I fill my head with lies. I fill it in one lie at a time, I fill it, fill, fill, fill. Until one day there are too many lies, that my head would explode.

And sometimes, I wish it would.

Ugh, Mondays are the absolute worst.

I woke up, did my morning routine, my grandmother headed out, I ate breakfast and I walked to school with Elijah.

Now it's science. I mean I don't hate it but I HATE dissecting dead animals. And lucky me, today we're dissecting a frog.

Ewwwww. This is the worst thing ever. I think I'm going to throw up. The teacher, Ms. Bonsall starts taking attendance then explains the instructions. I really hope we're going to have a fire alarm or anything but not doing this. But that's too much to hope for.

---

I stare at the frog in front of me. "Ms. Carlo, having a staring contest with the frog isn't going to dissect it, '' Ms. Bonsall said, coming out of nowhere. "Oh, yea sorry, I just really don't want to touch it" I said, taking my attention from the frog to the teacher. "I'm really sorry, Ms. Carlo but this is going to be on your report card, but you have gloves and the tools you need so you don't have to touch it directly" Ms. Bonsall said, actually soundly apologetic, "Okay, thanks" I said pulling my already wore gloves higher up my arm.

After an hour of torture, the bell finally rang and I headed to my next class, art, which luckily I had with Elijah.

I LOVE art, mostly sketching but still. I help Ms. Ruelle, our art teacher, with some extra work, like banners for school prom, or other things like that to hang on the school walls. Nevertheless to say Ms. Ruelle is my favorite teacher.

This art period we were doing a silhouette project. And Ms. Ruelle explained we would be doing this with partners. And I can't help but smile. Exceptionally because when I first came to Mavel Avenue I didn't have any friends, and think if I did I would be chosen with a random person or have to do the project alone, but how could I, I came from a town where practically everyone hated me, so I never speak to anyone unless it was absolutely necessary and mostly I would think that they were only talking to me to bully me so I would be very mean to the, and probably along the way lost some potentially new friend. And don't get me wrong it would hurt to push people away knowing that they might cure my loneliness but trust me I know that it was way better than being betrayed.

And I thought about it a lot just before I met Elijah and I think maybe it's time I finally make a friend.

I'm slowly letting Elijah into the bubble I created for myself was a big risk, I just really hope that he doesn't break my trust when it's too late.