𝟑𝟏 | 𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬.

You were surrounded

You were surrounded.

All you saw were the barrels of shotguns aimed at you, a new soldier holding up each one with determination etched into their focused faces. And then there was Floch casually strolling past them, twirling his rifle on the end of his finger with a chilling smile.

"You were just the person I was looking for, Hange." Floch sang, "If anyone knows where Zeke's being held, it's you. You'll have to drop whatever it is you're doing and take us to him."

Hange stepped in front of your group with wide arms, trying to get Floch to listen. "Floch, we have no intention of fighting you. Didn't you get the proposal we sent?"

"We did. And we promptly declined it." Floch shrugged, "We don't negotiate with the military."

You could hear the irritation laced in Hange's voice, "And why is that, Floch?"

"That decision came from Eren. He knew that Commander Pyxis would never willingly leave the fate of Paradis in our hands." Floch explained before adding, "And I agree with him. I'm sure Pyxis is somewhere right now thinking up a plan to steal the Founding from Eren."

"You're delusional." Hange quipped, "Did you get that info from one of your sources in the Garrison Regiment? You have people undercover there, don't you?"

Floch rolled his eyes, "Do I look like I'm gonna stand here and answer every question you ask?" He cocked his gun once more, "Get moving. I'd rather not have to use this thing."

Every soldier in the room was closing in on your group now. You watched some even go in the back room and grab Falco. Nobody made a move to fight back, not with dozens of guns pointed right at your heads. The soldiers slipped pairs of handcuffs around everyone's wrists. Everyone but yours, at least. They pushed you out of the group and towards the guards who stood by Floch's side.

"Floch, listen! We can't afford to waste time fighting with each other right now!" Hange exclaimed hastily, realizing that the window to negotiate was slowly closing, "Wine that's been drugged with Zeke's spinal fluid is going around the military! Zeke has us all dancing in the palm of his hand! We have to stop him!"