Chapter 190: Battle of Strategy in Caro Kingdom (1)

The two people who were covering their faces with hoods pushed through the crowd and headed out.

"Barrow." One of the people whispered to the other. "What do you think?"

Bear King Sayeru's eyes underneath the hood headed toward White Star whose face was also covered by his hood.

"I'm not sure."
"Aren't you debating between the Roan Kingdom's Northwest region and the Caro Kingdom right now?"

White Star did not respond and Sayeru started to think as if he didn't need a response.

They had quickly rushed over to the Roan Kingdom's capital after hearing about how the awards ceremony would be broadcasted in the plaza. Of course, it was easy for them to avoid the attention of the Roan Kingdom's soldiers.

Sayeru organized his thoughts and mumbled to himself. "Mm, someone like Cale Henituse should know that we would do whatever we could to see this feed. But he made it obviously visible that he's in the Roan Kingdom?"

Something was weird.

"...It feels like he did this on purpose so that we would turn our attention toward the Roan Kingdom."

Sayeru made eye contact with White Star at that moment.

White Star started to speak. "The Land of Death. You sent the illusionist to the entrance of the desert, right?"

"Of course."
"Then we will head there as well."

Sayeru smirked as he asked. "Why?"

"Didn't you see it?" White Star looked toward the video screen as he continued to speak. "Choi Han, the Dark Elf, the Necromancer, and even Cale Henituse. All of them left the hall. After tricking us to come to the Roan Kingdom-"

"They'll probably use the opening to head to the Caro Kingdom and take the power for themselves?"

Sayeru and White Star soon disappeared from the capital.

At the second floor of the palace where the celebration was taking place...
In a corner not visible in the video communication device...

Clang.

– Hmm? Human! It sounds like someone is trying to enter!

Raon quickly wiped the chocolate cream around his mouth with Cale's handkerchief as Cale opened the terrace curtains and unlocked the door.

Chhhhhhhhh. Choi Han entered through the door as the curtains opened.

"Cale-nim." He looked toward Cale and asked. "Will White Star come to the Land of Death?"

Crunch, crunch. Cale crunched on a cookie as he nodded his head.

"Yes."
"Then are we going as well?"

Screech. Cale stood up from the chair.

There were other things on the table in the terrace other than the plates of dessert he brought. There was a map of the Roan Kingdom's Northwest region, files on the Northwest region's nobles and finally...

A letter from the Dark Elf Mayor that Tasha had handed him with a look of urgency this morning.

< Urgent news! >
< That time will arrive in the Land of Death two days from now for four days. >
< We only noticed it today as well. I am sending the message through Tasha as it is urgent! >

That time. The reason that the Dark Elves built their homes underneath the Land of Death. Dead mana rose up as smoke twice a year at irregular times in this desert covered in black sand.