part 22

Lia and Yeji decided to share a room together so the three can sleep in Yeji's room. Yeji shares with Lia the conversation she had with Ryujin earlier that day.

"You dummy. Why would you lie?" Lia asks dumbfounded.

"I panicked. I wanted to tell her how I felt. I had a whole speech ready to tell her even if she doesn't think we're soulmates, I'd choose her. Then she started acting weird with me dating and I got upset. Like she has a girlfriend and she's gonna be weird about me dating?" Yeji explained.

"Still. Why did you say Sohee unnie is your soulmate?"

"Again, I don't know. It was the only name I could think of at the moment" Yeji rubs her face with both of her hands feeling frustrated.

"I just wish she would turn 21 already so she can see I'm her soulmate then we can put this Heejin thing behind us" Yeji continued to talk.

"Who knew this soulmate thing is so complicated?" Lia asks herself. "You'd think since you know who you're supposed to be with that there wouldn't be this much drama."

"Do you think I completely ruined it with Ryujin?" Yeji asks sadly.

"I don't know. I understood your anger but I don't understand why you lied still" Lia answers.

"We should go to sleep. I'm holding you up from finding out your soulmate" Yeji chuckles snuggling into bed.

"Yea you are. See, I love you this much that I delayed my sleep to talk to you" Lia jokes tucking herself in.

------

"She said what!?" Yuna and Chaeryeong say at the same time.

"She said Sohee unnie is her soulmate. Now I really can't be with her. It was already hard for me to accept my feelings for her since unnie liked her but now they're soulmates. I would definitely betray unnie if I pursue Yeji" Ryujin huffs out while laying on the floor like a starfish.

Yuna and Chaeryeong stay silent trying to process what Ryujin said.

"Why didn't unnie tell me Yeji is her soulmate? I just thought she liked her. Why did I have to develop feelings for someone who's not even my soulmate!? Ugh!" Ryujin pulls her hair.

"Are you sure she said Sohee unnie's name? Maybe she said Kohee or Shohee or Wohee or Weehee?" Yuna asks trying to help.

"Yuna, if you're trying to help. At least make the name realistic. Weehee? Really?" Chaeryeong slaps the younger lightly.

"Do you believe her?" Chaeryeong asks Ryujin.

"Why would she lie about her soulmate? She has no reason to" Ryujin answers.

"Right" Chaeryeong mumbles.

"Unnie, are you really gonna give up on Yeji unnie?" Yuna asks her sister but got no response.

"Unnie?" She looks down to her sister fell asleep in the starfish position. She shakes her head then gets off the bed with a blanket to cover up her unnie.

"How did she fall asleep like that?" Chaeryeong asks.

Yuna shrugs, "She must really be hurting. She tends to fall asleep when she's in pain. Physically or emotionally. Remember when she broke her thumb and instead of telling someone, she hid and fell asleep."

Chaeryeong nods and stares at her bestfriend, "Why are they both so dumb?"

Yuna laughs, "I hope when my time comes to see my soulmate, it won't be this complicated."

------

The next day, Lia wakes up Yeji.

"Oh my god. Oh my god. Yeji! You're not gonna believe who my soulmate is!?" Lia says jumping on Yeji.

"If it's not Chaeryeong then I don't want to hear it" Yeji yawns.

"It is!" Lia claims.

Yeji sits up right away rubbing her eyes, "Oh my god seriously? She knew before you did!"

"I can't believe it" Lia laughs.

"Are we really gonna forget Soobin? It hasn't been that long since you broke up" Yeji bringing the mood down.

"Yah! Just because your love life sucks doesn't mean you bring me down with you!"

Yeji pushes Lia off the bed creating a loud thud and Lia screams.

The door opens right away with Ryujin running in with a worried look.

"What was that? Are you two okay?" She asks right away.

Lia stands up a bit embarrassed, "Yea. My bestfriend here just decided to push me off the bed. You got here fast though. Where's the other two?"

"In the kitchen, I heard the noise and got scared one of you got hurt" Ryujin shyly say while looking at Yeji.

Yeji looks away unable to face to Ryujin.

"She's okay. You can go" Yeji says coldly towards the concerned girl.

"Uh yea. Okay. I'm sorry for just barging in like that" Ryujin closes the door.

Lia sits back on the bed, "Why are you being rude to her? She was just worried."

"Because things like that is what causes my heart to beat for her" Yeji sighs.

Lia hugs her friend, "It's gonna be okay. I'm sure things will work out in the end. Hopefully."

Yeji nods then stands up to go to the kitchen while Lia follows.

Yuna notices the two older girls enter the kitchen and starts singing the happy birthday song. Chaeryeong and Ryujin joins right after while holding the cake together.

Lia smiles and tears up, touched by her friends actions.

"You guys are annoying. Making me feel emotional on my birthday" Lia pouts.

The girls laugh while Lia blows the candles.

"So? Soulmate?" Chaeryeong hesitantly asks.

Lia nods and Chaeryeong runs to pick her up right away, "I knew it! I just had the feeling you're my soulmate!"

Ryujin and Yeji smile while accidentally making eye contact. Yeji is the first to look away making Ryujin sad.

Ryujin stands next to Yeji, "Can I talk to you?"

Yeji ignores the girl and goes to hug Lia. Ryujin sighs then walks out of the kitchen. She grabs her car keys and leaves without saying goodbye. She just sent a text to Chaeryeong informing her that she had to leave because of an emergency.