𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

The rest of their weeklong break was spent in bliss

The rest of their weeklong break was spent in bliss. While the tabloids followed their every move and attempted to gain information about their budding romance, Billie and Ezra barely noticed and remained shrouded in their own bubble. Both of their management teams had predicted nuclear fallout over a public relationship, but neither could have guessed the generally positive tone of the articles published during their time in New York.

It was as if the media could see the physical change in Ezra's disposition, as if their relationship made him more sympathizable for the public. Suddenly, Billie wasn't being portrayed as just some girl in his endless black book. The media, instead, opted for a redemption narrative Ezra had long been overdue for.

He was getting better. Though it had only been a week, Billie could see a noticeable change in him. His love for music and life slowly resurfaced, and Ezra began talking about the future as if he planned to be a part of it. He was more coherent in those few days than he had been all throughout the tour, and Billie selfishly lapped up that pure attention focused on her and their relationship knowing she'd have to share once the week ended.

His sobriety wasn't fixed overnight, and she would be a fool to think otherwise. Still, Billie felt like he was changing for the better. He had been sober the entire week without one slip up, and she knew he could make it through the rest of this tour with the right support and environment.

While the media buzzed about their relationship, Monica and Jeff remained relatively silent. Truthfully, Monica had only been worried before they had secured an investor. With the money safely placed in a trust, she had no reason to be concerned about Billie's love life any longer. With the media being so positive about their relationship and Madison signing the contract to remove the voicemail, Jeff really had no complaints.

At the end of their break, the two flew out to Seattle to meet up with the rest of their bandmates to begin the rest of the tour. They had two days for preparation before they would perform and head to their next stop. Truthfully, Billie was nervous seeing the girls after running off with Ezra. Though they had decided boys and money would never get between them, part of her wondered if they resented her decision to go public with the man who had been hell bent on ruining their career in the beginning.

She barely got a chance to unpack or talk privately with them before Monica waltzed in and hauled them into a meeting with Grand Motel and Jeff. As they walk into one of the rooms located in the venue they'd be playing in the next few days, the air isn't as tense as she imagined it would be.

Ambrose and Jude are seated across the table chatting while Ezra is over by the refreshments, eyes wandering over the selection. The sound of the door opening alerts them of the girls' arrival, and all of them look up and offer smiles. For a moment, Billie thinks she's dreaming. It's as if nobody cares that her and Ezra's face was plastered on every major tabloid.

"We'll go over some logistics in a minute," Jeff greets, "We're just waiting on one more person."

Billie heads over to the refreshments and offers Ezra a warm smile. "Can I get you a coffee, Mr. Moore?"