00.01

MY FEET ARE throbbing. My eyes are exhausted, and all I want to do is go home.

My arms rest on top of the computer screen, head falling on it. The floor is practically dead, along with me. My coworkers have basically all left and clocked out except for one, but of course I'm still stuck here. I was the last to clock in, which meant I was closing.

I had to go clean still. The worst feeling in the world is when you don't want to move.

I'm waiting ever so patiently for this last customer to leave. He was sitting here for at least an hour. I'm not even sure if he had a kid here.
I'm more convinced he comes for the pizza, to be honest. It's all I watch him eat. The past few months I've been here now, I see him come in once a week. Usually on a Friday night. Poor guy has nothing better to do with his life.

Maybe I can go up and visit Sun while I wait for him to finish up. It was probably going to be a while anyway— I don't think I'd get in trouble for leaving my post. None of the managers were around anyway.

I peek behind my shoulder and notice Jason, the usual closer, on his phone leaning against the wall. I'm sure he could handle it if I'm gone for a few.

I pry myself off the monitor, and walk up the stairway to the daycare. It was mostly quiet, aside from the automatic noises the game rooms would make. All of the kids were gone now, and I figured Sun could use some company.

With soft footsteps, I crept into the playroom and saw the animatronic cleaning up a small pile of papers from one of the tables. I smile and poke his shoulder.

"Hey."

He jumps, spinning around on his heel. His face soon turns to a grin as he sees me. "Gumdrop! Hi! What are you doing up here?"

I shrug, taking a seat in a normal sized chair. "It's dead downstairs, and I'm closing. I'm bored out of my mind." I throw my head back dramatically, staring up at the ceiling. My feet make their way on the tabletop, irritating Sun by doing so.

"Oh," he mumbles, moving my feet off the table. I retrieve my legs and put them on the floor. "I'm sorry you're bored."

I shrug again, looking over at him. "How was your day today?"

He throws the papers out, seeming there was nothing important on them. "It was great!
Well— we had one little troublemaker who tried turning the lights off. But I just kicked him out. No biggie." He smiled over at me.

I laugh softly, and pull out my phone. "Sounds like a fun time. We love catching a bad kid."

My eyes scan over the few TikTok videos on my phone, and I continue to scroll.

"Heheh, yeah." He sounded nervous for some reason. I paid little to no mind, since I was off in my own world.
I let out a soft laugh at a video, earning his attention. "Whatchya watchin'?" He asked curiously, peeking over my shoulder. I smile and show him the video.

"Ever seen it? It's pretty popular right now." I mention, watching as his expression turned from confused to amused. "No, but I think I've heard some of the kids in the arcade mention that before."

I snicker, and toss my phone onto the table after clicking it off. "Oohh, sun." My voice drags out dramatically. The animatronic raises a brow at me and soon crosses his arms.

"What am I gonna do? Tomorrow I've got to work a double. I'll be here until close again." My body leans forward, and I rest my cheek in my hand.

He hums a soft chuckle, and pats my head. I soon felt his hands start playing with my hair. "Well, you can keep me company after hours! I'll always be here." He shrugs. I smile tiredly up at him.

"Maybe you can meet me downstairs. I'm not sure if I can leave my post tomorrow. I'll be by myself. Again." Mentally, I groan. Someone called off as usual, so I'm stuck closing the cafe down once again by myself. It's so freaky in here at night.

There's been quite a few rumors about the animatronics becoming violent at night, as well. I've heard from what Sun has been telling me, and the other coworkers. Sundrop told me what had been happening to him lately, too. It kind of freaks me out, honestly.

Whenever I can, I check up on him and make sure that the lights stay on. He insists they need to stay on, no matter what. But, sometimes they go out along with the power. There's a big storm supposedly going to hit tomorrow afternoon, so I'm hoping everyone here knew to keep the generators running.

"Oh no, that sounds terrible. I'll definitely swing by and check up on you." The yellow robot swings his arms around my neck from behind and leans his head to my shoulder.

I feel happier already. My mood instantly jumps up to a ten when I'm around Sun. Everybody else is just so . . blah. I don't know. My coworkers are cool, some of them anyway. But once I'm home, everything is just so irritating. I love coming here to see Sun, just as I did when I was a kid.

He was different with me now that I'm older. I like it.

"Good. You better." I smirk. Sun chuckles and lets go of me.

"I'm so glad you're working here, Y/N. It's almost like it was destiny, isn't it?"

I smile and lean back in the chair once again. Slouched down, I make a crooked smile over at him. "In a way, sort of. To be honest, I never even gave it a second thought. I just saw this place was hiring, and figured I'd get some good pay."

Sun sat down across from me and nodded.

"I thought they got rid of all of you guys, to be honest."

He frowned lightly. "Nope! Still here."

"Plain as day." I mention.

I check the time on my phone and realize it's been about twenty minutes. I should probably go see what Jason needs to do before leaving.

"Shit. I've got to go. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" I stand from my seat and give a soft wave. He turns and watches me go, then jumps up to his feet to hug me.

"I'll see you later, Y/N." He lets go and shoves me over to the door. "Don't get yourself in trouble. And . . you know, just be careful."

I nod, turning from him then head back to my downstairs post.