- PROLOGUE -

I OPEN THE doors for my sister in front of me, and allow her inside the huge arcade. The lights brighten up the vibe, giving me a funny feeling. It felt like I had just got brought back in time— but they made it modern. Does that make sense? My mind rarely made sense often.

"Come on, hurry up. I have to clock in soon. And I'm not going to be late on my third week." I sigh, bringing Isabella up to the front counter to get our wristbands. I hand over the money and we make it to the stairway.

"Why can't mom just get a normal sitter?" She asks, looking up at me.
I roll my eyes. "Because she doesn't care enough to."

"What? What do you mean?" Her innocent features made me remember she was only a child.
She wouldn't understand those topics until it all hit her one day when she was older. Things were this way because of reasons, A, B, and C.

"Nothing. Look, she's lucky I pay for you every morning. It's either you get to have fun here, or sit at home by your lonesome in your room. Don't you want to have fun?" I offer her a smile, racing her up the stairway.

"I guess so." She looks to her feet. 

We near the play center daycare, and I feel the memories from it rush into my mind.

I don't come up here very often, but when I do have to, all I can think of is my childhood experience in there. It was always such a great time. Away from our mother, away from the bullshit. I always had a friend in there.

I glance down to my phone and check the time. It was nine o'clock. I'm late.

Well, technically I'm here. Maybe I should have just clocked in a while.

"(Y/N)," Isabella takes my wrist before I drag her over to the daycare entrance. I stop and look down at her flushed cheeks.

"I don't like it in there. Sometimes during the younger kids' nap time, it gets really scary. That moon is really . . mean."

I furrow a brow at her curiously. "What? Since when? He's always been such a sweetheart." My shoulder shrugs as I think back on my childhood. Sun always was too. That hasn't changed though, I see.

Moon always made sure I'd get the best experience out of the nap time. Whenever he'd hug me, I noted he smelled like lavender and chamomile. He'd always give the best hugs when I'd wake up from night terrors, and he would secretly call me his favorite kid; since I'd always be dropped off there.

Mom hasn't changed a bit.

"Not anymore." She mumbled to the floor.

My lips formed a tight line. "Probably all the shitty wiring that nobody seems to fix. This place has gone downhill fast." I take a look towards the daycare and furrow my brows slightly.
"Come on. I'll take you over there." I reach for her hand and smile softly. "It's been a while since I've been up here anyway." We walk up to the gates of the daycare and I see children of different ages hanging around, running, or drawing.

Isabella's hand tightens in mine, and I glance around the room.

Sun pokes his head up and grins our way. He had been crouched down talking to a kid.

My eyes widen. He basically looks the same.

"Heeeello~!" His arm waves in our direction, and I watch as he skips over to us. "How are you doing today, sweetie?" His figure bends over to match Izzy's level and he pokes her cheek with a smile.

"I'm okay." She shrugs, a soft frown growing on her face. I knew she was having a hard day since she woke up. Sun was more than likely going to be able to fix that.

"Just okay? Well, I've got an idea on how to change that boring 'okay' into an amazing 'great'!" He opened the gate for her and she eased her frown into a soft smile. I found myself smiling down at them.

"And you mus-" sun stopped himself before eyeing me up and down. His head tilted. "Wait a minuet; you're not a stranger— . . (Y/N)?" He asks curiously. "My little gumdrop?"

That nickname brought back allot of memories.

With eyes slightly wide, I laugh weakly and nod. My face briefly looks away in hopes he didn't notice my flushed face of embarrassment. "Y-Yeah, you remember me?"

"Of course I do! Your name is still in my system! I refused to take it out." He grinned.

Something in my heart felt warmer. Somebody actually cared that much about me. Animatronic or not.

"Really?" I ask. "Wow . . you refused to?" My head turned with furrowed brows.

He brings me into a hug and nods. "How could I let someone overwrite your slot?"

I hug him back and smile softly. "Oh," is all I can reply with. My mind doesn't know how else to react. This was a very foreign feeling.

He lets me go and grabs hold of Izzy's hand, looking back to me. "I'll take good care of her! I didn't know she was your kid!" Sun smiles.

I laugh. "Sun, that's my sister."

He looks between her and myself, laughing a bit. "Oh, I'm sorry. She just looks so much like you."

My sister starts to giggle and I smile. "Mom would think that's funny."
My smile fades and I nod for looks. "Probably."

Sun noticed my change in attitude and soon looks back to my sister. They were programmed to read personality differences and such. After all, he works with children, and needs to realize when one is getting upset.

"You're so grown! What are you doing now? Anything?" He asks.
I nod, shifting my weight on my back leg. "I actually work downstairs in the food center. I just started a few weeks ago. Small world, right?"

"That's amazing!" Sun's face lit up brighter than usual— if that was even possible. "You should come up and visit me whenever you're free!"

"That sounds like a plan to me." I smile.

Sun poked Isabella's cheek again and smiled down at her. She definitely was in a better mood now.
"So you do have a pretty smile! I thought so. Come on, let's go pick out some fun glitter to paint with." He begins to walk off with her at his side.

I wave and head my way downstairs. I'm so screwed. I hate being late, especially for new jobs.

As I make my down to the cafe, my coworker stops me with a smirk. "You're running late today," she mentions.
I smile, rolling my eyes. "Yeah, I know. Don't tell the boss. I had to take my sister to daycare." I punch into the computer and look back over at Liz.

"I gotcha covered. Don't worry." She nudges me, then heads back to her station. Liz makes me smile once again.

I tie up my apron and push on to the dining floor.

____________________________

Hello !

I hope you guys enjoy this story !
I saw sun and just HAD to write this. Then I saw moon . . and well, yeah. The fandom went crazy so I took that opportunity to make this LMAO

Please vote and comment if
you're reading (: