Chapter 17

Ron POV

Harry has been acting really weird and I am feeling left out. Harry and Neville are behaving like they have known each other all their lives. And they are hanging out with a Ravenclaw second year out of no where! He can perform advanced charms although I didn't know about him learning that in school and there is trace on our wands so he couldn't have done it during the break. He is more of a bookworm now, just like Hermione. It feels like- like he is a totally different person. 

Yesterday after we arrived at our dorms after the feast, I could not sleep but I pretended anyway and saw Harry and Neville leave together. What are they hiding? After a while, I heard Hermione in the common room with them. I feel like I have been replaced by Neville.

Then again today morning he woke up early and woke Neville up but not me. He changed his electives and is really snappish. During our Care of Magical Creatures lesson, he was handling that beast -hippogriff- like he was used to doing that. He and Neville had an unspoken understanding. I am really feeling jealous of Neville. I feel like he has stolen my first friend from me and I don't even know how or when it happened.

Harry POV

I am really nervous about telling Ron. I didn't want to, but he has definitely noticed something out of place already and I promised to tell him. We were walking towards the common room. Luna joined us on our way. I noticed Ron giving her mistrusting looks. We reached the portrait of the fat lady, said 'Fortuna Major' and climbed in.

No one POV

They decided to go to one of the secret rooms. Neville led them to a portrait of a middle aged man and pressed the Gryffindor wand to it. It instantly recognized him and opened the private office of Godric Gryffindor. Ron was gaping.

"Come in all of you," Neville said and led the way.

"Wha- Where are we?" Ron asked in shock.

"You'll find out." Hermione said and they all settled down on the couches on the inside of the office.

"Okay tell me what will you do if you find out that half of the things you know about the Founders of Hogwarts are false?" Neville asked.

"What has that got anything to do with your strange behaviors?" Ron asked skeptically.

"Just answer," Hermione insisted.

"Umm, it depends. Which founder are we talking about?" Ron said.

"Salazar Slytherin," Hermione said.

"Wait, the things we know about Slytherin are false? So he is not a pureblood supremacist?" When the others shook their head, he continued. "Then I would try and find why people believe so. If he is really not a bad person, he has my respect. Now again, what has that got anything to do with you guys?"

"Patience Ron. Now tell us what if you had a chance to meet the founders?" Luna asked.

"It would be an honor. I mean, they made a castle that stood for so many centuries and made one of the best magical schools in the world. Maybe I would ask them questions," He declared and the founders exchanged a glance.

"Okay tell us, what if the founders have been reborn? With all their memories returned at some point." Hermione asked.

"It would be amaz- wait. Hold on a second." You could practically see the gears turning in Ron's head. "Don't tell me that you- you guys are the founders reborn," Ron said with wide eyes.

"Well Ron, you have more brains than we thought. Yes, we are the founders," Neville said with a chuckle.

"Wha- Bu-How?" Ron spluttered out.

"There was a prophecy that we would be reborn together along with a few other people to defeat the biggest evil in the millennium. And here we are," Luna said in her dreamy voice.

"Who is who? Wait let me guess. Hermione is Ravenclaw?" Hermione nodded. "Neville is ... Gryffindor by how he opened this door?" Again he got a nod. "That means Luna is Hufflepuff. That leaves us with..." Ron trailed away in shock.

"Yes Ron. I am Salazar Slytherin," Harry said, speaking for the first time since they entered.

"You-you said that history is wrong. Then what is the truth?" Ron whispered-yelled.

"It is true that I tried to stop muggleborns from entering Hogwarts. But not because I hated them or thought any less of them. It was because of the muggles killing Witches and Wizards and muggleborns were in the most danger. I wanted to give them a choice between the two worlds. I built the chamber of secrets as a personal office. The Basilisk was NOT for killing muggleborns. It was the last resort for protecting the school if the muggles ever found us and tried to attack us. Also for potion ingredients. I did not leave the school because of muggleborns. I left because of too many health issues. I did not return, because I died."

"So everything you did was misunderstood?" Ron asked, really shocked.

"Yes you could say that. I was not enemies with Godric. In fact, we have been best friends for more than 50 years before I died."

"When did you get your memories back?"

"I got it when Lockhart tried to obliviate me with a broken wand. The other three got theirs when I gave them the wands that belonged to our past selves," Harry said.

"Wait, that's how you learned that Partus spell? With your extra wand? Or did you know it from your previous life?" Ron asked.

"It Patronus charm Ron. But yes, with my wand in this life. It is a relatively new spell," Harry said.

"And this place?" Ron asked.

"My office from thousand years ago," Neville replied.

"Alright, he has a lot to process. Let him sleep on it and we will speak again about it tomorrow," Luna interrupted.

"Yeah right. But before he goes, I need to put a protection around our secret in his head so that Snape or Dumbledore won't read it," Harry said and stood up. He pressed his wand to Ron's temple and muttered a spell. "Now he can't tell anyone, write it, no legilimency or veritaserum. Our secret is completely safe." Harry said and they quietly sneaked out the secret office. Fortunately, no one noticed them gone or returning.

They all had dinner in silence and went to bed.

Ron POV

Now everything makes sense. Harry acting different. Harry close to Neville. Neville being a lot braver than before. Them befriending the blonde Ravenclaw. Harry being a lot smarter.

I just am very shocked. Then I thought of something.

I am sharing dorms with TWO FOUNDERS!

But I can't tell anyone. Not even Dumbledore knows. There has to be a reason for not telling him and I respect their decision. After all, I am a third year and they are the founders. But I still do miss my bestfriends. Maybe we can still be friends and I can make new friends so that I don't feel left out.

~Hello. Bonjour. Namaste.
Hope you like the chapter.
Thank you very much for 4700+ reads and 140+ votes. It means a LOT to me.
Signing off~