24

Malibu's outfit^^^

Malibu's outfit^^^

...

I look at everyone's bikes, and they all look pretty good. Not as good as mine of course, but they're not bad. To be honest, I think I might actually win this challenge, which is awesome! To win invincibility for a third time? I just hope the campers don't do to me what they did to Bridgette.

I don't know where Izzy and Leshawna are, but I can't worry about it. The race is about to start. 

"Okay, here's how it works," Chris starts. "Everyone picks a name out of the helmet to see whose bike you're riding. If your bike makes it across the finish line, then you get to ride it in the final round for invincibility."

Wait, what?!

No one said anything about switching bikes! I know it's pretty far fetch, but if I could pick my own name, that would be great! I built my bike to be the best, why would I just give that up! Whoever gets mine will win for sure!

I hesitantly walk towards the helmet, and I place my hand inside. My hands are so sweaty. I did not build this totally awesome bike just to give it away. Oh gosh, I can't look.

"...Malibu," I read. "Hey, I get to keep my bike!"

"Lucky!" Owen says.

I can't believe it. I don't know what's going on, but I'm feeling lucky!

"Okay, racers!" Chris starts. "On your marks, get set... paramedics on standby... and... tread!"

...

Ok, so maybe I underestimated this challenge a tad, but hey, at least I'm alive. I can't say the same for Leshawna and Izzy. It's like they disappeared! My bike is doing fantastic. A little bumpy, but it's doing better than the others. I finished the first race with ease. Now I just have to finish this one and I'm home free!

Now, did I have to ride down mountain size hills, through streams, beaver damns, a bee hive, oil slicks, an explosive mine field, pirahna jumps, and was I chased by a moose? Yes, but I did it, and now I have to get to the finish line.

I bypass another oil slick, along with Duncan, Lindsay, and Heather. I'm in first place, awesome! I cringe hearing the sound of the others totally fumbling behind me.

Duncan was caught in the oil slick, he's out. Geoff and DJ collided with each other during the first race, so they've been out. Gwen's bike was also destroyed in the first race, Owen was blown up by a mine, and Leshawna and Izzy are still missing.