doyoung - hot chocolate

word count : 663

-

you and doyoung had just left a restaurant and were heading back to your shared condo.

"we should make snow angels," you suggested while the two of you walked together.

"where? on that one patch of grass in front of the complex?" doyoung sarcastically responded, referring to a small area of grass that usually had flowers growing on it in the warmer times of the year.

"we could go to the park or something, mister one patch of grass," you replied to him. you looked at him and noticed doyoung looking at you. then, both of you started laughing.

"well, since it's going to snow again tomorrow. i guess we should have some fun then," doyoung said to you. "oh, be careful. there's ice," he said and held your hand tighter. you saw the patch of ice on top of the sidewalk in front of you, and both of you carefully walked on the ice-covered sidewalk.

"thank you," you said to him and continued walking. "do you think we could get something to drink? i'm getting cold," you asked him.

"want to get a hot chocolate?" he asked. you nodded with a hum. "okay. let's see where the nearest café is," he said and let go of your hand. he took his phone out of his pocket and started typing on it. you looked at his phone screen as he searched for a convenience store or a café to get hot chocolate from. "there's a café two blocks away," he mentioned.

"let's go," you said and grabbed his slightly cold hand. "i love hot chocolate," you smiled while both of you walked.

doyoung chuckled, "yes, i know you do," he replied. "we could get dessert now, too. we probably walked enough dinner off," he said to you.

"dessert? don't have to tell me twice," you said to doyoung.

you reached the café, where there were still a few customers enjoying their drinks and treats.

"go sit down. i'll order the hot chocolate. what do you want to eat?" doyoung asked you.

"that cake looks good," you pointed to a slice of cake in the display case.

"that one? okay," he smiled at you and went up to the register.

you sat down at a booth and took your phone out, scrolling through instagram, mainly looking at the comments that people posted on the picture of you and doyoung that you had posted earlier.

-

"so cute!"

"wow, y/n is so pretty."

"best couple!"

"woah, dispatch was right."

"our cutest couple~"

"beautiful people!"

-

"what are you looking at?" you heard doyoung ask you. you looked away from your phone as he put a tray down on the table.

"instagram," you replied and put your phone face down onto the table. you saw two paper cups and a slice of cake on the tray. "you didn't get one for yourself?" you asked doyoung as he sat down next to you.

"we can share," he said and picked up a fork. you picked up one of the cups of hot chocolate and started drinking it while doyoung started eating the cake. "oh, you gotta try this," he said to you once he ate the first bite. he fed you a piece, tasting the not too sweet cream with delicious layers of cake.

"that's good!" you smiled.

the two of you spent the rest of your date in the café, enjoying the late-night dessert until the café closed for the night.

"it's so cold," you commented the obvious as you and doyoung started walking back home.

"we'll be home soon," doyoung said to you. "maybe we should've gotten you another hot chocolate?"

"yea, we should've," you replied, making both of you laugh. "do we even have any hot chocolate mix at home?" you questioned.

"i don't think so. why? do you want more?" he asked.

"mhm," you replied, "i think i'll buy some tomorrow after work."

"choco-holic."

"you started it."

"did not."

"did too!"