mark - snowman

word count : 495

-

"how do you make a snowman?" you asked mark, who looked up from his phone.

"what?"

"i've never made a snowman before," you mentioned while looking at the snow that was falling outside.

mark immediately stood up from the giant beanbag, "grab your coat. we're going outside."

"but it's cold outside," you whined.

"we can have hot chocolate or tea later. now come on," he said and pulled you up from the couch.

the two of you grabbed your coats and headed outside of your apartment building.

snow continued falling on the ground and mark immediately started to make a snowman. while he did that, you plopped on the ground and started making a snow angel, despite the snow getting in your face.

"excuse me, you're supposed to be making a snowman with me," mark said to you.

"but this is fun too," you said and finished make the snow angel. then, you got up and went over to mark, who was still packing in snow for the body of the snowman.

"can you help me pack the snow?" he asked you. you nodded and started doing so.

eventually, you and mark finished making the snowman.

"we should make him a face," you said to mark, who agreed with a nod.

"let's get some sticks and rocks," he said and both of you stood up. you two looked around in the snow for some stuff you could use for the snowman. "got the sticks," mark said, walking to you while you picked out some rocks that were near the front doors of your apartment building.

"okay, let's do this," you said and stood up. you looked at the snowman, only to realize that his head had fallen off. "mark."

"not his head!" he exclaimed and ran over to fix the snowman. you followed him as mark tried to put the fallen head back on the snowman. "come on. dude, don't do this to me," he said to the snowman.

"can we go inside? i can't feel my hands anymore," you said and crouched down next to him, dropping the rocks in the snow.

"we need to finish making the snowman," he replied as he packed more snow, "i'm making sure that "making a snowman" is crossed off your bucket list."

"it was never on my bucket list to begin with," you laughed and watched mark stick the sticks into the snowman. you picked the rocks up again and both of you finished making his face. "well, i guess i can add it to my bucket list just to cross off," you said and both of you laughed.

"yea, you should do that," he said and took his phone out, taking a picture of the snowman. "okay, let's go inside and have the hot chocolate," he said to you and both of you stood up.

"that sounds great," you said to him and both of you walked back into your apartment, leaving the snowman by himself.